Polls for Our Souls discussion

Discussion > Hobbies outside of books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 117 (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments What are some hobbies that interest you outside of reading?

message 2: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments I like
Cooking\baking
Writing poetry
Watching silly YouTube videos
Listening to music
Taking walks around my neighborhood
Creating Jewlery\D.I.Y
Playing around with make-up

message 3: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (door_een) | 61 comments playing badminton.

eating.

watching movies/showssss.

uhhh

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 160 comments cooking\ baking
watching Youtube
Doing different and unique crafts
meditating
working out
writing

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 170 comments Writing (though I take it more seriously than a hobby)
Singing
Watching TV shows, anime or movies

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Auten | 126 comments Writing (editing my novels to get them ready for publishing)
Watching anime
Playing video games
Coloring
Listen to music.
Etc

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments I used to have a lot of hobby's (cooking & baking, dancing salsa/bachata/zouk, working out, started on photography) but since I broke my leg a couple of years ago it's really reading and watching movies & shows (next to a lot of work).

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments Horseback riding
Music (listening to and singing)
Drawing/painting/DIY
Watching tv shows^^

message 9: by Tania (new)

Tania Crafting - mostly mosaic and some decoupage here and there.
I have a stack of colouring books as well but have only done one picture so far

message 10: by Dean_o (new)

Dean_o | 13 comments Tv shows and movies, Wrestling, medieval markets and listening to a ton of music

message 11: by Creative Orange (last edited Aug 21, 2018 11:03AM) (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments 1) Studying
2) Playing board games
3) Writing
4) Planning and scheduling
5) Watching TV.
6) Listening to some music
7) Eating nutritious foods
8) Mediating
9) Working
10) And researching any topic that I am interested in.
11) Listening to some YouTube channels and podcasts
12) Playing with Sims
13) Think

message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita (neet413) | 127 comments Horror movies, video games (currently playing Bound By Flame), photography, bird watching, visiting museums and travel.

message 13: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments I have visited museums.

message 14: by Amani (new)

Amani | 5 comments 1) Youtube
2) Games
3) Listening to podcats
4) Photography

And I am trying to get into baking.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments Dean_o wrote: "Tv shows and movies, Wrestling, medieval markets and listening to a ton of music"

Yes medieval markets are awsome! I'll be visiting a really big medieval event here in Germany soon and I'm excited!

message 16: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Peppercorn  (kiwicanread) | 62 comments I like painting (by numbers hehe), coloring, playing The Sims, Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. I also used to be an exercise fanatic but I burnt myself out on that and now I'm a slob. I like baking and cake decorating. I used to write a lot but not so much anymore. Ooh, and I love to daydream. Is that a hobby? YouTube and movies are awesome too. I also love to window shop and I play with my dog a lot. Nothing too fantastic.

message 17: by C.A. (new)

C.A. | 58 comments - writing
- violin
- singing
- soccer
- track
- photography
- creating playlists for every possible occasion
- baking/cooking (although according to my family and friends I'm not very good at the former!)
- bike riding

message 18: by CrazyAsACupcake (new)

CrazyAsACupcake I like to write but I think that counts as books...

I'm a Musical Theatre student so I love to act and sing (not dance, ew - I can't dance), and I love to go and watch shows anywhere I can get tickets to.

I love like adult's colouring books too - I have a Lunar Chronicles one and it's like my child :D

message 19: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments I am a Biology, Chemistry, Sociology, Psychology student.

message 20: by Aida ☾ (new)

Aida ☾ (itsamangotree) | 398 comments Baking.
Yoga!
Drawing/painting
DIY everything
Movies
Hikes

message 21: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments I like yogas.

message 22: by Stella (new)

Stella | 108 comments Watching youtube and netflix
writing
dancing
basketball
volleyball
drawing
painting

RyanneAndHerBooks | 64 comments Writing
Running
Progressivism

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

- Listening to Music
- playing music (drums, ukulele, piano)
- Baking
- Writing
- Bullet journal
- Running
- Babysitting
- Watching shows and movies
- Hanging out with friends
- Swimming
- Football (with my brothers)
- Riding a golf cart lol

message 25: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments I also love writing journals.

message 26: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments My hobbies are:

quilting
embroidery
knitting
crocheting
(Also collecting books about all of the above, so do they really count?)
Cosplay (I was into that long before it was "cool" or even called cosplay. I have costumes that I made and wore that are probably older than many cosplayers today)
collecting dolls--weirdly enough I wasn't interested in dolls as a kid, except as something to make clothes for.
I also do some yoga, but that's mainly to try to keep my arthritis under control and keep from having my joints all freeze up
playing on the computer
video games

And, many of those can be done while READING. YES, the best kind of hobbies to have, right?

message 27: by Fen (new)

Fen Koeswanto (GigglesAndJoyRead)  (fenkoeswanto) | 5 comments cross stitch, card making, jewelry making, photography

message 28: by SiriouslySiri (new)

SiriouslySiri  | 5 comments -YouTube
-Writing
-Painting (still new to this)
-playing outside
-watching sports ⚽️
I’ve been working at least 50 hour weeks lately so I don’t have time for much else.

message 29: by J.N. (new)

J.N. Bedout (jndebedout) | 28 comments Readin'
Illustratin'
Shootin'
Paintin'
Golfin'
Tweetin'
Exercisin'
Watchin' (movies, tv, etc)
Chasin' the dog 'round the yard

(Not at the same time...)

And, don't forget nfl action is right 'round the corner!

message 30: by Allie // Kitasai (new)

Allie // Kitasai (kitasai) | 13 comments Cosplay is my main hobby aside from reading!

But I also like making soap & candles and also, if you can what I study at uni, knitting :)

message 31: by Melliott (last edited Oct 22, 2018 12:33AM) (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 448 comments Watercolor.

Used to enjoy gardening, baking bread, and quilting, but stopped when I went to work full-time. Maybe I will get back to those and more in retirement!

message 32: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Ah rats Allie--I was going to ask if you'd been to any of the events and cons that I attend. And then I saw that you were in New Zealand, so that answered that. Unless you've been to a CostumeCon? I don't get to many events any more--they are too hard on my body. I was in one too many car smashes. I've also slowed down on my costume making, because of that. The last ones I made were for the 2 little girls across the street for Halloween. One wanted to be Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, the other wanted the Snow Queen's costume from Frozen. But I think that's just because the costume was turquoise, and that's her fav colour.

message 33: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 324 comments cake decorating (birthdays, weddings)
card making (cheaper than buying)
music (piano, flute/piccolo, clarinet, violin, trumpet – teaching)
writing/blogging
freelance editing

I dress up for the local comic con every year.

message 34: by Janvi (new)

Janvi (janvipatel) I like concerts, cooking (if my brothers or my boyfriend is beside me to do most of the job 😂), parkour, b-boying, martial arts. I love sports cars. I like racing, with bike and car, either way, it's so much fun! Travelling and exploring is fun too. I also like singing, sparing with my grandparents and parents and friends, challenging my friends and cousins and being chalenged from them. All kind of sports and swimming and surfing and rafting, rock climbing, gliding and all is fun too!

message 35: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments Violet H. (Shadow) wrote: "I like concerts, cooking (if my brothers or my boyfriend is beside me to do most of the job 😂), parkour, b-boying, martial arts. I love sports cars. I like racing, with bike and car, either way, it..."

Wow, you must have an incredibly busy life Violet! :)

message 36: by Janvi (new)

Janvi (janvipatel) Susy wrote: "Violet H. (Shadow) wrote: "I like concerts, cooking (if my brothers or my boyfriend is beside me to do most of the job 😂), parkour, b-boying, martial arts. I love sports cars. I like racing, with b..."

Busy, I can't say. But it's fun! And there's always time for doing all of those things I want to do if I want to make time for that.

message 37: by Thirze (new)

Thirze (thirzew) | 2 comments I'm a fanatic soccer player!! It's funny cause my team all think reading sucks and my book nerd friends all think soccer sucks. It's a fun contrast...

message 38: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 80 comments Watching TV & Movies
Playing Video Games
Drawing
Making Booktube videos/Blogging

I mostly read though but i'm trying to get back into my other hobbies

Long Live Wonderland | 23 comments There are other hobbies?!?!?!

message 40: by Gary (new)

Gary Reads (garysbooksnthings) (gary59) | 8 comments Attending as many JMU sports events as I can

message 41: by Pam (new)

Pam Carmichael | 154 comments Listening to music

message 42: by Pam (new)

Pam Carmichael | 154 comments Theres more lol
Gardening
Coloring adult books
Shopping for books and more books lol
I love to swim and miss the ocean
Gosh I sound so boring compared to all of you!!

message 43: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments I don't think you sound boring Pam. We all have different interest.

message 44: by Pam (new)

Pam Carmichael | 154 comments Unique wrote: "I don't think you sound boring Pam. We all have different interest."
Well thank you so much Unique you made my day!

message 45: by curleduptoes (new)

curleduptoes | 50 comments Horror movies, music, travel, writing, book reviewing,

message 46: by Shivantika (new)

Shivantika (merlin_magic) | 31 comments writing, swimming, music, puzzles

message 47: by Ava (new)

Ava Jones | 54 comments Completely obsessed with soccer and most other sports.
And they make fun of me for reading so much.XD

message 48: by Alethea (new)

Alethea (greaterthanblue) | 43 comments Ava wrote: "Completely obsessed with soccer and most other sports.
And they make fun of me for reading so much.XD"

Don't worry we got your back here hahah READING IS AMAZING. Personally I never got into sports but aside from books music is my other passion :)

message 49: by Ava (new)

Ava Jones | 54 comments Don't worry we got your back here haha READING IS AMAZING. Personally I never go..."

Ikr there is like only one other girl on my soccer team that is even half as much obsessed as me. Also I never really took to music. I tried the violin for a couple of years but sports are my calling(aside from reading obsessively that is)

message 50: by Alethea (new)

Alethea (greaterthanblue) | 43 comments Ahhh to each its own hahaha how long have you been playing soccer?

« previous 1 3