Play Book Tag discussion

The Spies of Warsaw (Night Soldiers, #10)
This topic is about The Spies of Warsaw
August 2018: Espionage > The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Furst 3 stars but a good spy novel for those who like them

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 7463 comments It's 1937 when Colonel Colonel Jean-François Mercier, who served in WW I, a French attaché in Warsaw, when his job draws into the world of espionage as the Nazi's are gaining more and more power in Germany. This is most definitely a book centering on espionage in pre-WW II Europe, but there are some fabulous interpersonal relationships and background, well certainly they are so on the audiobook which is very well done, indeed.

These books are 3 stars for me because the plot isn't brilliant, I don't need the foul language and a few other things, but I do like the fact that the violence, while not fun, isn't as overdrawn and lengthy as it is in some novels. It makes the necessary points without turning into a gore-fest, and it doesn't dominate the book.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8417 comments I am looking for a WWI story for another challenge-this seems to fit the bill! Thanks!

Karin | 7463 comments Joanne wrote: "I am looking for a WWI story for another challenge-this seems to fit the bill! Thanks!"

This is set in 1937, but the protaongist had served in WW I prior to this book.