the writing spot discussion

introductions and rules and such > introduce yourself!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 138 (138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Breanne (new)

Breanne (breegreen_books) | 37 comments Mod
basically just say your name, age/country (only if comfortable), and what you are writing/reading!!!

message 2: by aidan (new)

aidan | 3 comments Hi! My name is Aidan and i am 15 years old. I live in the West Coast of the US right now and I am reading A Dance of Thieves by Mary E Pearson and the Great library series by Rachel Caine. I also try to write when I can, on storybird or just various notebooks I have. Thanks for inviting me to this group!

message 3: by Aqsa (new)

Aqsa (her_747) | 62 comments Hey!
I'm Aqsa. Living in Oman, but from Pakistan :)
Reading The Night Circus right now, and hoping to read a couple more before this month ends!

message 4: by clem (new)

clem (thevillainschronicles) Hi! I'm Clem, I'm 18, I'm from the Côte D'Azur in France, I've been writing since I was 6 and wrote 5 unpublished books of my own. The book I'm currently working on, however, is hopefully going to be published. At least I'm working on it.

message 5: by Phaedrisa (new)

Phaedrisa Hi! I'm Norika, I'm 18, from the land down under, I'm currently reading The Boneless Mercies) courtesy of Netgalley and A Touch of Gold and Heartstone. While I write in my head, i'm more comfortable reading.

message 6: by Ashley (alee) (new)

Ashley (alee) Ruiz (natti100) | 2 comments Hey Guys! Im Ashley but call me Ash! I live in Jersey in the united states and im turning 16 next month on the 18th of September. Im currently reading Leah on the offbeat and going to start reading to all the boys I loved before.

message 7: by Mylien (new)

Mylien Lai | 153 comments Mod
Hi! My name is Bichlien. I am between the ages of 13-18 and live in the USA. I am currently reading Simon VS The Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli and enjoying it so far!

message 8: by Ashley (alee) (new)

Ashley (alee) Ruiz (natti100) | 2 comments Bichlien wrote: "Hi! My name is Bichlien. I am between the ages of 13-18 and live in the USA. I am currently reading Simon VS The Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli and enjoying it so far!"

Im really glad that you like simon! its really good at the end of the book

message 9: by jae (new)

jae t. (jaereadsalot) | 2 comments Bichlien wrote: "Hi! My name is Bichlien. I am between the ages of 13-18 and live in the USA. I am currently reading Simon VS The Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli and enjoying it so far!"

heck yeah!! that book a n d the movie were both over the top. please enjoy the rest man ~

message 10: by jae (new)

jae t. (jaereadsalot) | 2 comments hey :) my name is grey, and i'm 14. i live in the southern east coast of the u.s., and i'm currently reading the darkest minds by alexandra bracken. i enjoy writing lots, but not enough to publicly share my hot mess lmao. i love reading s o m u c h~~

message 11: by Madison (new)

Madison Francis (madisonfrancis) Hello! My name is Madison, and I am from Utah, USA. I am 23 years old and have a passion for the written word. I have a bachelors degree in English, with an emphasis in creative writing. I am currently writing a YA Dystopian Novel. At any given time, I am reading multiple books, but I currently am focusing on rereading the Theft of Swords series by Michael J. Sullivan. It's nice to meet you all.

message 12: by Mylien (new)

Ash wrote: "Bichlien wrote: "Hi! My name is Bichlien. I am between the ages of 13-18 and live in the USA. I am currently reading Simon VS The Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli and enjoying it so far!"

Im..."

I really really need to finish it! It's getting so good!

message 13: by Mylien (new)

Grace wrote: "Bichlien wrote: "Hi! My name is Bichlien. I am between the ages of 13-18 and live in the USA. I am currently reading Simon VS The Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli and enjoying it so far!"

he..."

I'm watching the movie at the same time as I read the book (IDK why), but I am loving both!

message 14: by Mylien (new)

Grace wrote: "hey :) my name is grey, and i'm 14. i live in the southern east coast of the u.s., and i'm currently reading the darkest minds by alexandra bracken. i enjoy writing lots, but not enough to publicly..."

Hey! I read the Darkest Minds. I enjoyed it! I still haven't seen the movie yet, though. I really need to!

message 15: by Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (last edited Aug 21, 2018 07:46AM) (new)

Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (intergalacticbookdragon) Hi my name is Frank, I'm American and I'll be 17 by the end of this month, I am currently rereading Percy Jackson and outlining a sci-fi fantasy trilogy where everybody dies in the end

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi my name is Ariadne. I’m American but live in Canada, and I’m 12. I’m currently reading Sleight by Jennifer Sommersby, and I’m writing several things. The main ones are a trilogy about magic and all that, and (that’s a terrible description but just go with it, okay?) a novel that’s sort of fan fiction because it uses the Sunai but isn’t really. It’s kind of a murder mystery type. I also write a lot of fanfiction.

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica C Writes (jessicacwrites) Hi everyone! My name’s Jessica and I’m an 18 year old student from NJ in the US :) I’m going to be entering my freshman year of college which I’m super excited about. I write both poetry and prose, and I’m currently in the process of completing a poetry collection, as well as writing a YA contemporary novel !

message 18: by sab ◡̈ (new)

sab ◡̈ (plisetskys) Hello! My name is María, I live in Mexico and I just turned 20 last week. I'm currently reading The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan and doing all of the research for a historical fiction novel I hopefully will start writing soon (:

message 19: by Breanne (new)

AHH okay i haven't been online yet today but IT'S SO WONDERFUL TO MEET ALL OF YOU!!!!!

message 20: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) Hey! I'm Ruby, I particularly love YA mental health-related/"hard hitting" contemporaries (currently reading What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard) and omg I finally watched Love, Simon and I can't fangirl enough MY DUDES it was so good

Oh ya I've loved writing since I was little, but recently school has been kinda getting in the way soooooo this is me getting back into it after a little while!

message 21: by Breanne (new)

Ruby wrote: "Hey! I'm Ruby, I particularly love YA mental health-related/"hard hitting" contemporaries (currently reading What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard) and omg I finally watched Love, Simon and I can't fang..."

ohhh i've wanted to read what i lost for so long!!! nice to meet you!

message 22: by Gray (last edited Aug 21, 2018 08:57PM) (new)

Gray Cox | 4 comments Hey all! I'm Gray Marie, I'm fifteen years old and living in Texas. I'm currently reading Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven, and currently working on the first draft of my wip Of Broken Things and Paint Splatterings.

message 23: by Mylien (new)

Ariadne- Queen of Multiple POVs wrote: "Hi my name is Ariadne. I’m American but live in Canada, and I’m 12. I’m currently reading Sleight by Jennifer Sommersby, and I’m writing several things. The main ones are a trilogy about magic and ..."

What type of fanfiction do you write?

message 24: by Mylien (new)

maría✨ wrote: "Hello! My name is María, I live in Mexico and I just turned 20 last week. I'm currently reading The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan and doing all of the research for a historical fiction novel I hopef..."

Good luck on starting your first draft soon!!

message 25: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff I’m Slytherpuff. I’m reading the Infinite Sea and am writing a novel where a mafia game turns real

message 26: by Gray (new)

Gray Cox | 4 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "I’m Slytherpuff. I’m reading the Infinite Sea and am writing a novel where a mafia game turns real"

Ooh, I love your username! I'm a cross between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, but mostly Ravenclaw.
Your book sounds so intense.

message 27: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Gray wrote: "Slytherpuff wrote: "I’m Slytherpuff. I’m reading the Infinite Sea and am writing a novel where a mafia game turns real"

Ooh, I love your username! I'm a cross between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, but..."

It's 80 plus pages now.

message 28: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I’m Rumell and I love to read whatever I pick up.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 99 comments Mod
Hi, I'm Cassie. I like reading mostly YA horror and mystery. Although I enjoy a light an fluffy read every now an then sometimes I'll branch out an read other things. I'm writing many things lately. Although the newest thing I'm starting to work on is His Tale to Tell. It's a ghost story told from his point of view and about what's going on right now. It's actually a very bad discribtion of it but it's good. My other one is about werewolves. But I haven't added anything on that in years now. Right now however. I'm reading The Book of Lore, along others.

message 30: by ~Teagan~ (last edited Aug 24, 2018 01:16AM) (new)

~Teagan~ (teags131) Hey, I'm Teagan I'm 15 and I live in Australia. I am currently reading Adversity

message 31: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Hi! My name is Rumell Khan and i am 17 years old. I live in the UK and I am currently reading Introduction to Aircraft Flight Mechanics: Performance, Static Stability, Dynamic Stability, and Classical Feedback Control and Intro to Aerospace Propulsion Thank you so much for inviting me to this amazing group.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) Hi I'm Harpy!! I live in the U. S of A and I am 21 years old ^^ I really like roleplaying, it's were a lot of my writing practice comes from, and I also write fanfiction a lot. Currently I am finishing up the last book in the Unearthly series, which is Boundless, and after that I'm thinking about rereading the Darkest Powers series, cause it's one of my favs haha

message 33: by Mylien (new)

HarpyAshe **Can You Live A Life Of Peace And Happiness? I Don't Think So!!** wrote: "Hi I'm Harpy!! I live in the U. S of A and I am 21 years old ^^ I really like roleplaying, it's were a lot of my writing practice comes from, and I also write fanfiction a lot. Currently I am finis..."

Welcome Harpy! Maybe we'll have a bookish roleplaying discussion soon. Let me talk it out with the other mods.

Mimi-loves-her-books! | 1 comments Hello everyone!
My name is Mimi and I am 21 years old.
I'm a college student and I love to reading as well as arts&crafts.
I get distracted easily so I'm currently reading multiple books at one time; but the book that I'm most excited about is Saga by Conor Kostick.
It's nice to meet you all :)

message 35: by Breanne (new)

Bichlien wrote: "HarpyAshe **Can You Live A Life Of Peace And Happiness? I Don't Think So!!** wrote: "Hi I'm Harpy!! I live in the U. S of A and I am 21 years old ^^ I really like roleplaying, it's were a lot of my..."

yeah we'll all have a chat about this! it definitely seems like we have a few roleplayers in here!!

message 36: by Breanne (new)

Mimi-loves-her-books! wrote: "Hello everyone!
My name is Mimi and I am 21 years old.
I'm a college student and I love to reading as well as arts&crafts.
I get distracted easily so I'm currently reading multiple books at one tim..."

nice to meet you Mimi!!! i've never heard of Saga before but looking it up, it sounds really cool!

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) Bichlien wrote: "HarpyAshe **Can You Live A Life Of Peace And Happiness? I Don't Think So!!** wrote: "Hi I'm Harpy!! I live in the U. S of A and I am 21 years old ^^ I really like roleplaying, it's were a lot of my..."

Thanks! And that would be cool!! ^^

message 38: by Mylien (new)

HarpyAshe **Can You Live A Life Of Peace And Happiness? I Don't Think So!!** wrote: "Bichlien wrote: "HarpyAshe **Can You Live A Life Of Peace And Happiness? I Don't Think So!!** wrote: "Hi I'm Harpy!! I live in the U. S of A and I am 21 years old ^^ I really like roleplaying, it's..."

No problem! It's in the works right now.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, thanks for adding me to this group :) I’m Uzma, I’m 19 and I’m from the UK. I love writing but not been feeling very motivated lately... hopefully this group helps with that lol :D

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, I’m currently listening to Lord of the Flies on Audible :)

message 41: by Mylien (new)

Uzma wrote: "Hey, thanks for adding me to this group :) I’m Uzma, I’m 19 and I’m from the UK. I love writing but not been feeling very motivated lately... hopefully this group helps with that lol :D"

Welcome to the group! Hopefully, you can become motivated soon with the help of this group! There's a discussion in this group that could help with your lack of motivation, so you can put that to good use. :D

message 42: by Jessica (new)

Jessica C Writes (jessicacwrites) Uzma wrote: "Hey, thanks for adding me to this group :) I’m Uzma, I’m 19 and I’m from the UK. I love writing but not been feeling very motivated lately... hopefully this group helps with that lol :D"

Hello! Welcome :) Motivation is something I struggle with a lot, so I feel you! Hopefully we can help each other stay inspired with this group!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "Uzma wrote: "Hey, thanks for adding me to this group :) I’m Uzma, I’m 19 and I’m from the UK. I love writing but not been feeling very motivated lately... hopefully this group helps with that lol :..."

Aaw, sounds great! I’ll be sure to check it out soon :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "Uzma wrote: "Hey, thanks for adding me to this group :) I’m Uzma, I’m 19 and I’m from the UK. I love writing but not been feeling very motivated lately... hopefully this group helps with that lol :..."

Definitely! Us writers have got to stick together :D

message 45: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Myers (morgans_literary_life) | 1 comments Hey guys! I'm Morgan and I'm 24 years old from the USA. I'm currently in the planning stages of a thriller novel, but hopefully I'll turn out some other things as well. In the meantime, I like to write little novellas for fun, though that's on hiatus for now. I'm hoping to get a draft done for national novel writing month, so we'll see...

message 46: by Breanne (new)

Morgan wrote: "Hey guys! I'm Morgan and I'm 24 years old from the USA. I'm currently in the planning stages of a thriller novel, but hopefully I'll turn out some other things as well. In the meantime, I like to w..."

hey! welcome!! I'm also hoping to get my draft done for nano! hopefully this group will help you with some of your writings!

message 47: by Rheanna (new)

Rheanna (rheannae) | 1 comments Hi! I’m Rheanna, I’m 19 and from the UK. I’m currently about to re-read Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas. Everything I’m writing at the moment is a bit of a work in progress. 😊

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 99 comments Mod
Welcome Rhenna! Hope you have fun on this group and meet may more friends!

message 49: by Julianna (new)

Julianna Grossman (julianna718) I’m Julianna, I’m 17, and I live in Massachusetts. I’m currently reading “You are Not So Smart” for my psych class, but i just finished Joana Philbin’s “The Daughters” series and honestly? I loved it. It gives me all my silly high school girl drama needs but still tells an intelligent and thought-provoking story. Anyway, nice to meet you!!

message 50: by Mylien (new)

Julianna wrote: "I’m Julianna, I’m 17, and I live in Massachusetts. I’m currently reading “You are Not So Smart” for my psych class, but i just finished Joana Philbin’s “The Daughters” series and honestly? I loved ..."

Welcome to this group! It's wonderful to have you join! Maybe I should check out "The Daughters" series, since you loved it so much.

« previous 1 3