¤ Between The Pages ¤ discussion

Books-Of-The-Month SEPTEMBER > Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mags (last edited Aug 20, 2018 01:32PM) (new)

Mags Well now that summer is basically over (almost), and that the group went in an accidental hiatus(oops), I'm pretty sure we're good to start up again!
Again, I'm so sorry for being offline for the summer, things were just extremely busy and messy for me and I don't even think I've read a book in these past 2 months. At last, it doesn't feel like it haha. So I guess we got a little Summer Break here ':)

Now school/college is starting, I do know that a lot of you will be busy with that, but I'll try to keep the group running for those who still want to participate.

You may comment down below the books you'd like to read this month, we'll try to set up 2 and see where it goes :) Don't be shy! Name as many as you want.

This is kind of last minute, sorry about that, I'll get better once I get organized with the group again. :D

message 2: by Mags (new)

Mags I usually don't like to suggest my own books, but here we go;
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Because I KNOW, SORRY, I haven't read that series yet.
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas I know, I know! Haven't read that one either.
Help. x-x

message 3: by Niamh Grace (new)

Niamh Grace  | 15 comments I’ve read the acotar series and loved it and would be happy to read it again for the book of the month!!

message 4: by Lars (new)

Lars (herodotvonhalikarnassos) | 56 comments I feel like rereading a classic: The Hobbit
It has been a couple of years since I last read it and I'm thinking of finally tackling the Silmarillion, so the Hobbit would be the perfect start for my project.

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments I haven't read Acotar either, yet I have the first two sitting on my shelf so that would be a great idea.
I also have And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White sitting here waiting to be read so I'd like to suggest that and
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo as I feel a little bit intimidated by this as well and I need some motivation to finally start it...

message 6: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Cindy (unicornprincess_54) | 20 comments I really want to read:
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab
One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
Nemesis (Project Nemesis, #1) by Brendan Reichs
The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid
I haven't read these but I really want to :D

message 7: by Mags (last edited Aug 22, 2018 09:04AM) (new)

Mags Omg I'm so hyped! Haven't read these books either, thought I was the only one haha.

@Vanessa I feel the same way about Six of Crows, I'm scared to let it down and not enjoy it because of how it intimidates me haha. Buddy reading makes it easier !

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan (iamsusaniguess) | 6 comments I’d suggest This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab or I’d be down for a SoC reread because I still haven’t gotten to Crooked Kingdom

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments Yes! But I feel like this always happens for me with popular series. Especially if I've read something by the author before... I'm just scared I won't like it and I WANT to like it so bad..
But for Six of Crows it's also the size.. It is so huge!!

message 10: by Mags (new)

Mags I know, I'm so scared to not like a book. It's like a reader's phobia right? Hahaa.
I agree 100% with you, usually I don't mind the size but I mean Six of Crows is totally different.

message 11: by Mags (new)

Mags For the book suggestions, I'll leave the thread open today in case anybody has a last minute book they want to add. The poll will be up either tonight or tomorrow :3

I mean we already have a dozen of suggestions so that's great!! Can't wait for September, I'm still planning on trying 2 books this month, we'll see how it goes.

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments Hahahah XD You're so right!! :D

I'm so excited to start the monthly books again! :))

message 13: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Slaght | 3 comments *waltzes in at the last minute, fashionably late as always* I'm so glad to see this group up and running again! *spreads cheer to everyone*I missed the nominations and the polls so I probably won't be doing the September read this year (I'm already reading more than I can handle, lol) but I'm happy to be here again.