Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > FAC: Loretta Chase (September 2018)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8282 comments September - Loretta Chase

Loretta Chase is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. Born in Worcester, Massachusetts of Albanian ancestry, Loretta was making up stories before she was old enough to know how to write them down. She learned that handy talent while attending New England public schools, and through her teenage years she continued to write letters, keep a journal, write poetry and even attempted the Great American Novel (which - happily - remains unfinished to this day). She earned an English degree from Clark University, and stayed there after graduation to work in clerical, administrative, and part-time teaching posts. There were other "real" jobs along the way: stints with jewelry and clothing retailers, and a six-month stretch as a meter maid.

Loretta's first professional writing job was for an exhibition catalog, which led to a job moonlighting as a corporate video scriptwriter. During this time she met a video producer who convinced her to try her hand at writing novels...and eventually to marry him. She began researching and writing historical romance, and after about two years her first novel, Isabella, was published in 1987. Since then she has published more than 20 novels, receiving a variety of awards and nominations including multiple RITA nominations, and in 1996 Lord of Scoundrels won the RITA Award for Best Short Historical.

Loretta's GR page is here: Loretta Chase

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Loretta Chase.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of September.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8282 comments **

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8282 comments **

message 4: by Ris (new)

Ris | 485 comments Hello, I am interested in joining this challenge and will be reading A Duke in Shining Armor.

I am (B) familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.

message 5: by Courtney (last edited Sep 05, 2018 07:32AM) (new)

Courtney (cklueh) | 457 comments New to this author. I'm interested in reading The English Witch 9/4/18 Not My Cup of Tea.

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23559 comments I'm a C - never read her before. I am planning to read Silk Is for Seduction in September. =)

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments I'm in and I'll read Vixen in Velvet (The Dressmakers, #3) by Loretta Chase

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments I finished reading Vixen in Velvet and gave it 5 stars! Love the story, started out as an A and ended up an A!

Vixen in Velvet (The Dressmakers, #3) by Loretta Chase

message 9: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 4413 comments I'm reading Dukes Prefer Blondes (The Dressmakers, #4) by Loretta Chase . I started as an A and looks liked I'll end up an A. Love the repartee!

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23559 comments I read Silk Is for Seduction earlier in the month, I liked it but I didn't love it. I thought it was slow to grab me and way too easy to walk away from. It was predictable and yet unbelievable. I did like the characters so at some point I wouldn't mine finishing the series.

I started a C and I end a B.

message 11: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8282 comments MountainKat wrote: "I read Silk Is for Seduction earlier in the month, I liked it but I didn't love it. I thought it was slow to grab me and way too easy to walk away from. It was predictable and yet un..."

It's probably no surprise to anyone that I can pretty much just say "ditto" here...I wasn't overwhelmed, but by the end of the book I was intrigued enough to be open to reading the rest of the series at some point. I also started a C and ended up a B.