The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2018 > 30.5 - Sandy's Task: Celebrate the Equinox

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Aug 20, 2018 10:47AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5358 comments Mod
30.5 - Sandy's Task: Celebrate the Equinox

September 22 is the fall equinox in the northern hemisphere and the spring equinox in the southern hemisphere – the date when the sun shines directly on the equator, and day and night are almost equal.

No books with the main page genre childrens or kids can be used for this task. Your books must have a combined total of at least 600 pages.

To celebrate the equinox, read 2 books with the same number of characters in their titles. Punctuation marks count as characters. Spaces do not count. Subtitles can be used or ignored – your choice.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16708 comments Mod
reserved

message 3: by Sandy (new)

reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5358 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Andy (last edited Aug 29, 2018 01:18PM) (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3685 comments I think I am correct in Assuming that Dear Mr. M and Educated: A Memoir work since the period in Mr. counts as a letter, and I don't have to count the subtitle in Educated?

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Andy wrote: "I think I am correct in Assuming that Dear Mr. M and Educated: A Memoir work since the period in Mr. counts as a letter, and I don't have to count the subtitle in Ed..."

Correct

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3685 comments Thanks

message 8: by Trish (last edited Sep 05, 2018 07:04AM) (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2696 comments I'm thinking of The Last of the Mohicans for one half of this task (20 letters, balanced with A Dark and Twisting Path) - mainly because I keep hearing the theme music for it on Amazon stations and love it, so I felt I ought to read the book!

Some editions also call it The Last of the Mohicans: A Narrative of 1757 - but presumably I can ignore the "a narrative..." bit, as its firmly behind a colon?

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Trish wrote: "I'm thinking of The Last of the Mohicans for one half of this task (20 letters, balanced with A Dark and Twisting Path) - mainly because I keep hearing the theme music ..."

The task states that subtitles may be used or ignored as you choose.

message 10: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2696 comments Thanks.

message 11: by Cindie (new)

Cindie | 1800 comments So these two work: The Name of the Wind and Rise and Kill First: The Inside Story and Secret Operations of Israel's Assassination Program, if one does not count the subtitle of the second book?

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Cindie wrote: "So these two work: The Name of the Wind and Rise and Kill First: The Inside Story and Secret Operations of Israel's Assassination Program, if one does not count the su..."

yes

message 13: by Cindie (new)

Cindie | 1800 comments Sandy wrote: "Cindie wrote: "So these two work: The Name of the Wind and Rise and Kill First: The Inside Story and Secret Operations of Israel's Assassination Program, if one does n..."

thanks!