Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Book of the Month > September BOM Nominations

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
Ok! It is time for the BOM Nominations for September!

Autumn is almost here, I can taste it! We are in back to school season, back to college season, and the seasons are changing! So, because of all of the change, the nominations are free range!

You can nominate another book in a series we have already started, a novella that is part of a series we started, a new book we have never seen, a new series, a very old series, whatever you like!!

You have until August 27 to get your nominations in! Please just make sure the book you nominate meets the guidelines outlined below.

Here are the guidelines:
*Please see which books in a series we have started to read and You may nominate the next book in the series.

*If we haven't read the book please nominate the FIRST in the Series. No sense in starting at number 5 when we haven't been introduced to the characters before.

*Please ensure that the book is on the Goodreads Database.

*Please nominate books that have preferably been out for 12 months or more. This is so books might have the chance of being available in the library (we support local libraries so they are our preferred option). And we don't want to be a financial burden after all! But seriously if you want to buy the books that is fine too.

*Please Nominate books that are available in Print format.
any book that is only available as an e-book will be suggested as a buddy read and not be part of the poll.

*We no DO NOT allow Self Nominations From Authors or their Representatives. We have an area Devoted to Author Reads as well as Self Promotion. For more information Please Contact a Moderator.

Thanks!

message 2: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (mooturtil) | 1767 comments Mod
Ok I'm sending out a newsletter tonight. Hopefully we can get some voters!!!.

message 3: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new)

Amyiw | 1083 comments Mod
Hey Adele, Just got back from vacation. If no one nominates, maybe we should do a MOD choice again? With school starting we've been a little swamped. I just went out to back to school shopping, I'm late there too.

Does the school year start in September there too?

OK my nomination is
Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #1) by Helen Harper
I read the whole series but would read it again. It was a surprise recommend.

message 4: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

No one has nominated last month either. I am in for a MOD Choice again. Ana went back last Weds, for two days, and had Friday off. What. Was. The. Point?

message 5: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Wow still hard at work here. We don't get holidays/vacation time until the end of this month! And that's only for two weeks! We have our big 4week holidays at the end of the year. Starting about a week before Christmas and ending just before the end of January. However some schools have longer and some have shorter.

Anyway I want to nominate the hobbit by Tolkien.. I'm on the app or else I would do the fancy cover thing.

message 6: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new)

I think BOM for September is past. Let's do a buddy read of the Hobbit. I haven't read that in ages and wonder if I'll like it as much now. I think I was in my early 20s when I last read it.

Are you up for that Norma? I'll put it up as a buddy read.

Somewhere between the 15th and 20th we should put up the next nominations. I've been so swamped end of August and very beginning of this month with the start of school that I just wasn't there to help. Sorry about that. I didn't even notice.

message 7: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I did what i could. Sorry girls. Newsletters usually bring people in. Im cool with the buddy read. I love the hobbit and will happily read it anytime. Did you want a quick message sent out for it?

message 8: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new)

Probably would be a good idea if you want others to join in. I always can talk about the Hobbit as it got me into fantasy.

message 9: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Ok I will send one out tonight if I have time. I honestly avoided the hobbit for a long time. I read Raymond e feists magician as y introduction to Fantasy. I know it's epic fantasy but what a way to get introduced!!! Hopefully this read will get people to try out a new genre.

message 10: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

I can't read Tolkien, so I will sit this one out. I will post October BOM tonight.