Gothic Fiction Read-along 2018 discussion

The Silent Companions
This topic is about The Silent Companions
Book Discussions > The Silent Companions

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 183 comments We will be discussing The Silent Companions here, starting on the 20th October, through to the end of the month. A live Skype chat will be arranged nearer the time.

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 183 comments On to the last book of the read along. I'll be starting tonight. For those that have started already, how are you finding it?

Leigh Enjoying it so far.

Catherine (happygoluckycat) | 3 comments I'm loving it, haven't wanted to put it down since starting it at the weekend and am now nearly finished.

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 183 comments Richelle wrote: "(CONTAINS SPOILERS)

This was a perfect Halloween read. The ‘Bridge’ was also a bridge between the times of Hetta and Elsie, and a bridge for Hetta to inhabit Sarah’s body. Right? I loved the last..."

Hi Richelle, can you hide the spoilers please? You do so by using html. so surround the spoiler with < spoiler > write your spoiler here < /spoiler>, but with no spacing inside the brackets :)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 183 comments Catherine wrote: "I'm loving it, haven't wanted to put it down since starting it at the weekend and am now nearly finished."

How did you find it Catherine. I've got some catching up to do, but glad everyone is enjoying it so much

Camilla (the_reading_cat_) | 14 comments I'm also quite far behind - only read 20-25% of it, but I'm really enjoying it!

A bit surprised by the time jump!

Catherine (happygoluckycat) | 3 comments Jenny wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I'm loving it, haven't wanted to put it down since starting it at the weekend and am now nearly finished."

How did you find it Catherine. I've got some catching up to do, but gla..."

I loved it! It was deliciously creepy. It didn't stay with me as much as the Haunting of Hill House (which is probably a good thing because it hasn't stopped me sleeping!) but I was gripped until the very end.

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 183 comments I'm not very far in either, but so far so good!! Just started watching the Netflix series of The haunting of Hill House and it's really quite good. Scarier than the book though!

Leanne | 13 comments Slightly behind with this one - only halfway through. Will have to continue it into November!

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 183 comments So will I Leanne, so don't worry. I'm enjoying it though.

message 12: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Horowitz | 1 comments I just finished this book and then found this group - looking forward to hearing what others think about it!