What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lady Danger (The Warrior Maids of Rivenloch #1)
This topic is about Lady Danger
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance, heroine disguises herself and takes her sister's place in arranged marriage to a Norman to protect her sister. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Aug 21, 2018 05:48AM) (new)

Hannah | 2 comments Trying to find the romance novel I read as a little kid that introduced me to sex, for the sake of closure. Memories are vague but here goes:
The main character is a heroine described as a shieldmaiden(?) in the book. She's a princess who loves sparring, with a few sisters.
There's a scene early on where she and her sisters are bathing naked in a stream/pond, and the hero and his servant(?) peek from the bushes.
The hero goes to meet the princesses to choose which to marry, and chooses the quieter younger(?) sister (he believes the heroine to be more beautiful, but too wild). The heroine disguises herself as her sister under a veil and takes her place in the wedding, to protect her sister.
On the wedding night, he cuts himself to mark the sheets with blood, so they aren't questioned about not having sex. From there the story is about them falling in love (I never finished the book).
I vaguely remember a scene where she's sparring (as part of the scene, vs just a mention), can't remember if it was with him.
I think "Norman" was either in his name, or he was referred to as that a lot. I believe "Norman" was included on the back cover.
The title and cover didn't immediately scream "erotic" until you read the description, hence my parents not catching on that I was reading a book filled with sex until I started hiding it (as a VERY confused child would). There was NO giant, muscled man on the cover. It was a paperback.
I read this as a little kid, so I'm not sure of the date, but it was before 2010 (going off of what house I lived in at the time).
I've been searching like crazy for years to try and find this to face the book that kind of traumatized me about sex, to clear up those warbled memories. Any help is appreciated!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
Norman could also be a reference to the fact that he's not Saxon or Anglo, rather he came over with William the Conqueror when he conquered England in 1066. Do you remember if there was a reference to "The Bastard" (the rather unflattering nickname given to William the Conqueror by the Saxons)?

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments Lady Danger maybe? The preview on amazon starts with two men spying on two bathing maids and the hero wondering where is the third one.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 2 comments Lady Danger sounds very similar (so do they all XD). I'll check it out!
Can't remember any references to "the bastard". I'm pulling at strings as it is.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lady Danger (other topics)