Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading August 20?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2121 comments Mod
Just finished reading The Cruel Prince by Holly Black-
loved it! and can't wait for the second book in the series. Planning on starting HB's The Darkest Part Of The Forest. Both are YA reads.

message 2: by Stacey (last edited Aug 20, 2018 01:29AM) (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm currently reading an ARC of The Earl of London by Louise Bay. Don't let the title fool you, it's a contemporary romance. ;-)

I'm also listening to Mister Moneybags and I've had some laugh out loud embarrassing moments on the train. The hero has told a whopper of a lie and now he's trying to cover his tracks. He told the heroine he whittles as a hobby...and now he's googling whittling, watching youtube clips and trying to do it with very little success.

I read this one a few years ago, but I think I'm enjoying the audio more.

message 3: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments I"m reading and loving Midnight Valentine by J.T. Geissinger. Color me intrigued Stacey, I'm going to check out Mister Moneybags :-)

message 4: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Just finished THE CHASE by Elle Kennedy. Not sure what's up next... probably the newest from Kristan Higgins GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

message 5: by Stacey (last edited Aug 21, 2018 02:01PM) (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Irisheyes wrote: "Just finished THE CHASE by Elle Kennedy. Not sure what's up next... probably the newest from Kristan Higgins GOOD LUCK WITH THAT."

What did you think of The Chase? I struggled with it a little but realised that my issues were based on my inability to understand the problems the heroine faced. I think we take for granted what others struggle with daily. I loved it by the end.

Sorry, that was very rambling...it's early here. ;-)

message 6: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Irisheyes wrote: "Just finished THE CHASE by Elle Kennedy. Not sure what's up next... probably the newest from Kristan Higgins GOOD LUCK WITH THAT."

will be interested to hear what you think about Good Luck with that. I have heard very differing opinions!

Stacey! I've never read Mister Moneybags! will go check it out!

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Just finished THE CHASE by Elle Kennedy. Not sure what's up next... probably the newest from Kristan Higgins GOOD LUCK WITH THAT."

will be interested to hear what you think about..."

Oh my lordy...the pressure!! Hope you enjoy it Leigh-Ayn ;-)

message 8: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Just finished THE CHASE by Elle Kennedy. Not sure what's up next... probably the newest from Kristan Higgins GOOD LUCK WITH THAT."

What did you think of The Chase? I struggled wi..."

Yeah, Stacey, I didn't like it as much as I liked the Off-Campus books. It took me a while to get into it. I did like what she did with Summer's character, though, cause I didn't really like her in the last book she was in, but like you, warmed up to her by the end.

message 9: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Just finished THE CHASE by Elle Kennedy. Not sure what's up next... probably the newest from Kristan Higgins GOOD LUCK WITH THAT."

will be interested to hear wh..."

OMG I stayed up and finished it so completely trashed today at work but I loved it hahahahahaha SO FUNNY.
i really liked Dex even though he lied. He is just so damn likeable. I didn't need the added twist at the end though. lol

message 10: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Just finished THE CHASE by Elle Kennedy. Not sure what's up next... probably the newest from Kristan Higgins GOOD LUCK WITH THAT."

will ..."

Yeah, that end twist was so unnecessary. Dex was a lovable character. I'm so glad you enjoyed and got a laugh out of it. :-)