2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
This topic is about Never Fade
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited Sep 30, 2018 04:37PM) (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Alexandra Bracken‘s book, Never Fade.

Pages: 507

Length: 1 month

Participants: Angela Jr, Susy, Satin, Agne

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Check out the introduction post (here) for more information about Buddy Reads!

You might also want to check out what other Buddy Reads are scheduled for 2018 here!.

Happy Buddy Reading!

Angela Jr. Gonna start this one tonight!

Susy (susysstories) I hope my copy will arrive this Monday...

message 4: by Angela Jr. (last edited Sep 07, 2018 02:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela Jr. I did start, but I'm only on page 20 or something haha. I really need to finish at least one other physical book I'm reading first, it's become a bit overwhelming 🙈

First chapter
(view spoiler)

message 5: by Satin (new)

Satin (satin_ss) | 352 comments I’m starting tomorrow night!

Agne | 28 comments Oh, this book is on my September TBR. I might as well join you all for the reading.

Susy (susysstories) I think I'll start more towards the end of the month and read the third instalment right after that.

Made a mistake ordering my books... Now I have 2x Through the Dark and missing the 4th instalment :'(

Susy (susysstories) Agnė wrote: "Oh, this book is on my September TBR. I might as well join you all for the reading."

Sure, the more the merrier Agné!

Angela Jr. Oh, did you want to read the darkest legacy too? I only have the original trilogy plus through the dark.

message 10: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Yes, want to read that one too. Going to return one copy of Through the Dark and order The Darkest Legacy.

message 11: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments First chapter
(view spoiler)

Second chapter
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. @agné regarding your spoiler for chapter 1
(view spoiler)

Chapter 3
(view spoiler)

message 13: by Angela Jr. (last edited Sep 12, 2018 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela Jr. Susy wrote: "Yes, want to read that one too. Going to return one copy of Through the Dark and order The Darkest Legacy."

I'll wait until after the third book to decide if i want to continue :) i assume we're going to be reading through the dark afterwards? Then there'd still be a month inbetween for me to order the darkest legacy.
I don't even know if they're connected, or if the fourth one is one of those "ten years later" sort of thing.

message 14: by Agne (last edited Sep 12, 2018 11:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments @angela regarding your spoiler for chapter 3 (and 4)

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Susy (last edited Sep 12, 2018 12:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Angela Jr. wrote: "Susy wrote: "Yes, want to read that one too. Going to return one copy of Through the Dark and order The Darkest Legacy."

I'll wait until after the third book to decide if i want to continue :) i a..."

Sounds good Angela.
As I understand they are connected.
http://alexandrabracken.tumblr.com/po...
Told from Zu’s POV.

I’ll be reading Through the Dark in between the other books:
The Darkest Minds series is comprised of three novels and a collection of three novellas found in Through the Dark. My recommended reading order is: The Darkest Minds, In Time (novella), Never Fade, Sparks Rise (novella), In the Afterlight, and, finally, Beyond the Night (novella). There is a free short story about Liam set between The Darkest Minds and Never Fade that you'll receive when you sign up for my newsletter.
(http://www.alexandrabracken.com/darke...)

message 16: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments Spoilers for chapters 5 to 7
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments Chapter 8
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Partway through chapter 14
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Spoilers up to chapter 18
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Chapter 21
(view spoiler)

Chapter 22
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Susy wrote: "Angela Jr. wrote: "Susy wrote: "Yes, want to read that one too. Going to return one copy of Through the Dark and order The Darkest Legacy."

I'll wait until after the third book to decide if i want..."

I think I'll do that too if the author recommends it, but I'll be reading the first two together after never fade, since I'm already three quarters done with it :)

Angela Jr. Let me know if the free short story about liam adds anything vital to the story!

message 23: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments @angela regarding your spoiler for Chapter 22
(view spoiler)

message 24: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments Chapter 24
(view spoiler)

message 25: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments Chapter 26
(view spoiler)

message 26: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments Chapter 31
(view spoiler)

message 27: by Agne (last edited Sep 18, 2018 09:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments Finished book
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Uh hey, could you not spoil a character death/the end of the book for the other readers who aren't as far along yet? That's not very nice at all...
There's a reason the spoiler tags exist, please use them.

message 29: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments Omg I’m so sorry. I was commenting on my phone and somehow it messed up my post. I’m so so so sorry. :(

message 30: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments Im sorry again. I fixed it now. So sorry for spoiling anyone.

Angela Jr. Don't beat yourself up, it happens! Thanks for fixing it :)
I've had quite a day today and I'm a bit cranky as a result, sorry 😅

message 32: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Agnė wrote: "Omg I’m so sorry. I was commenting on my phone and somehow it messed up my post. I’m so so so sorry. :("

I hate doing anything on my phone (on GR) except for updating my reading progress and adding books to my TBR because of this. I just don't trust the app to do what it is supposed to and the website just doesn't let you navigate and do stuff very well because everything is so small. So updates/posts in threads I always do on my laptop...

message 33: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Angela Jr. wrote: "Don't beat yourself up, it happens! Thanks for fixing it :)
I've had quite a day today and I'm a bit cranky as a result, sorry 😅"

Same goes for you Angela! Sure it happens but it is also quite normal to be frustrated by spoilers. So don't beat yourself up about letting that show ;-)

Angela Jr. Agnė wrote: "Chapter 24"

(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Susy wrote: "Agnė wrote: "Omg I’m so sorry. I was commenting on my phone and somehow it messed up my post. I’m so so so sorry. :("

I hate doing anything on my phone (on GR) except for updating my reading progr..."

Yeah, i don't like the app either... I just use it on my phone's browser instead. It's a bit more cumbersome than on laptop, but it does the job waaay better than the app.

Susy wrote: "Angela Jr. wrote: "Don't beat yourself up, it happens! Thanks for fixing it :)
I've had quite a day today and I'm a bit cranky as a result, sorry 😅"

Same goes for you Angela! Sure it happens but i..."

Thanks susy!

Angela Jr. I'm making such slow progress... Life is not accommodating any kind of reading right now 😔

Just finished chapter 25
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. Random thought i had, very minor spoiler - i think this happened at the house with the motion sensors?
(view spoiler)

message 38: by Angela Jr. (last edited Sep 20, 2018 11:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela Jr. Agnė wrote: "Chapter 31
[spoilers removed]"

Lol that made me laugh out loud.

Finished.
(view spoiler)

I still have the short story at the back of the book left to read, the one about vida before she joined the league.

Angela Jr. Finished the short story. It was interesting to get a bit of background on vida.

Angela Jr. Finished In Time (first story from Through the Dark)
(view spoiler)

message 41: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Angela Jr. wrote: "I did start, but I'm only on page 20 or something haha. I really need to finish at least one other physical book I'm reading first, it's become a bit overwhelming 🙈

First chapter
[spoilers removed]"

Lol, I thought it was Liam because of Ruby's reaction but that would mean he had joined the League as well...?

message 42: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Angela Jr. wrote: "@agné regarding your spoiler for chapter 1
[spoilers removed]

Chapter 3
..."

Probably it is hard to get into it because
1. it is at least six months later
2. a completely different setting with new characters who we havent developed a connection with yet
Well, that is how I feel anyway.

I'm at chapter 8 now and well into the story. Love Jude, he's adorable (though he seems younger than his 14 years).

message 43: by Susy (last edited Sep 29, 2018 01:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Agnė wrote: "@angela regarding your spoiler for chapter 3 (and 4)

[spoilers removed]"

Yes I agree. I think Ruby continued lying not wanting to risk getting him in to trouble.
I'm sorry to hear the story hasn't picked up for both of you yet (although I see Angela has finished and liked it lol), I don't find it confusing but it did take me some time to get into the story. I am now and hope to finish it today or tomorrow at the latest. I think I'll just go ahead and read #3 right after that.

Are you reading the novellas in between the instalments? I researched the preferred reading order:
- The Darkest Minds
- In Time
- Never Fade
- Sparks Ris
- In the Afterlight
- Beyond the Night

message 44: by Agne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agne | 28 comments I haven’t read them. But I’ll be reading it next month.

message 45: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Agnė wrote: "Spoilers for chapters 5 to 7
[spoilers removed]"

Yes! I love Jude too! :)

The story has definitely picked up.
Am wondering about Cole too. He seems nice enough and helpful, but it's not without reason that the brothers weren't on speaking terms. Although I guess that was because Liam didn't trust the League from the beginning and didn't agree with Cole staying and helping them so much. But I'm starting to believe that Cole really did believe in the League's good cause, and is starting to see it differently now. At least, I hope he is. I sure hope he isn't betraying Ruby and the rest.

message 46: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Agnė wrote: "I haven’t read them. But I’ll be reading it next month."

Cool.
Shall we discuss them in the In the Afterlight-thread?

Angela Jr. I already read the first short story, my "review" (it's one sentence as far as i remember lol) is somewhere above!

Angela Jr. And I'm about to start the second one, sparks rise. I want to finish it before I start the third book in the series.

message 49: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Angela Jr. wrote: "I already read the first short story, my "review" (it's one sentence as far as i remember lol) is somewhere above!"

Cool, I'll look it up when I've read it!

message 50: by Susy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susy (susysstories) Agnė wrote: "Chapter 8
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Never Fade (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alexandra Bracken (other topics)