2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

The Prince of Tides
This topic is about The Prince of Tides
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > The Prince of Tides

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Pat Conroy‘s book, The Prince of Tides.

Pages: 679

Length: 2 months

Participants: Dlyn, Amanda

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Check out the introduction post (here) for more information about Buddy Reads!

You might also want to check out what other Buddy Reads are scheduled for 2018 here!.

Happy Buddy Reading!

message 2: by Lynn (new) - added it

Lynn | 297 comments I am excited to read this one! :)

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1478 comments Hi Dlyn, I would like to read it in one month because it fits in with a challenge I'm doing. I've got one book to finish and then I'm ready to start. Looking forward to reading it too!

message 4: by Lynn (new) - added it

Lynn | 297 comments Amanda wrote: "Hi Dlyn, I would like to read it in one month because it fits in with a challenge I'm doing. I've got one book to finish and then I'm ready to start. Looking forward to reading it too!"

I can read it in one month as well :)

message 5: by Ted (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ted Powell | 10 comments great book and good film adaptation

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1478 comments Looking forward to reading it, Ted.
Dlyn, I'm going to start reading it tomorrow.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1478 comments My first impression of the book is it's not quite what I expected but I'm intrigued enough to read on.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1478 comments I have not got round to reading this book very much. I'm back studying and my reading time has been greatly reduced :(

message 9: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Dyln & Amanda - this book was originally scheduled to be a two month read. Do you want me to move it to October?

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1478 comments I'm in the middle of reading it anyway. If Dlyn has time to read it, we could add it in October.

Jen from Quebec :0) (muppetbaby99) | 24 comments I WOULD LOVE TO JUMP IN ON THIS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER! IS THIS OK? AM I TOO LATE?? Please send me a direct msg to let me know, as I get so many notifications it will get lost if the shuffle and I might not see the reply. Thank you so so much! Much appreciated!--Jen from Quebec :0)

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) | 1478 comments Mary Pat, could you add a link for October please? I'll message Jen

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Prince of Tides (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Pat Conroy (other topics)