What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romantic Suspense: detective rescues 18 year old girl from the clutches of her "religious" sex offender stepfather

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber | 20 comments I read a book a couple of years ago where after her mother dies, a girl (18 years old) is being kept in the house by her religious step father who is a sex offender. she sneaks outside and a neighbor sees him forcibly bringing her back in and calls the cops. In the meantime, the stepfather alludes to him and his stepdaughter having children and him "saving" her. The cop/detective recognizes the address of a sex offender i think he has a personal investment in. I know the stepfather then leaves the house and the detective shows up and opens the door which she isnt supposed to do per her stepfather. The detective takes her away and all i remember after that is that the dective and the girl fall in love.
I keep thinking it might be a Harlequin Romantic Suspense or Silhouette Romantic Suspense but I am not sure.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Amber ~~
You can bump your thread every month or so. This moves your thread to the head of the folder where more people are likely to see it rather than languishing here on page 33.
Good luck!

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber | 20 comments Bump

message 4: by Kris (last edited Nov 11, 2018 11:15AM) (new)

Kris | 36595 comments Mod
Amber, is the heroine 18 years old throughout the book? Does the stepfather try to track her down after she leaves his house?

What is the story's time period and location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber | 20 comments I think she is 18 throughout the book. Its current day times in the United States. I think it's big city. I think her stepfather does try to track her down. I remember the detective(cop) had came into work I think from lunch and had recognized the address of a 911 call that had came in. A female neighbor called saying she saw a woman be forcibly grabbed and dragged back into the house. He recognizes the address as a sex offender and I think he has a personal vendetta against the SO. I remember the girl was making dinner (spaghetti?) for her stepfather who was out of the house at the time and decides to break one of his rules and walks out on the backyard porch. The stepfather comes home and pulls he back into the house. He says stuff like he is just trying to protect her and keep her pure and insinuates a romantic relationship with her for which she is appalled. Her stepfather goes out again and at that point, the detective/cop rings the doorbell. She answers the door (again breaking one if her stepfather's rules) and willingly goes with the detective. That's all I remember. I do know that she and the detective have a HEA.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber | 20 comments bump

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber | 20 comments bump

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber | 20 comments bump

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber | 20 comments bump