2018 Book Club Books > MY LIFE AS A WHITE TRASH ZOMBIE BY DIANA ROWLAND

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (gingergonzoreads) | 652 comments Mod
Discuss.

I LOVED this book!

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcneal | 22 comments I am sooo behind!

message 3: by Mel (new)

Well today is the start date for this book. I just read ahead because im a rebel. LOL

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (killer_bunny) I just finished it yesterday and loved it!! I love that it’s not the norm for zombie books. I just ordered book #2 yesterday.

message 5: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments I really liked it too. :) The cover was also great!,

message 6: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments I started it today. But so far it is entertaining.

message 7: by Mel (new)

It reminds me of an edgier version of iZombie

message 8: by Mel (new)

Just language and Angel. The girl in the show is educated, etc.

message 9: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 38 comments Started this yesterday I’m on page 26. Love the cover of the book. So far it’s interesting hope I stay with it to the end. I’ve been DNFing everything. Real rough summer for reading.

message 10: by Venetia (new)

Venetia Breakwell (mrs2648baker) | 12 comments Hi I'm new here; my name is Venetia and I live in the UK. I had a binge read, I'm 50% in and loving the book. I've had a couple of laugh out loud moments, which have amused my husband. So far, I'm enjoying Angel's characterisation and attitude. Nice to meet you all x

message 11: by Mel (new)

Nice to meet you, too! Welcome!!

message 12: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments I finished the book. Really liked it. Moved on to the next in the series.

message 13: by Mel (new)

Tracee wrote: "I finished the book. Really liked it. Moved on to the next in the series."

The second book is just as good so far!

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy (killer_bunny) Has anyone read the second one? I’m still waiting for it to be delivered.

message 15: by Mel (new)

Amy wrote: "Has anyone read the second one? I’m still waiting for it to be delivered."

Im a little less than halfway through the second one. It's awesome so far!

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy (killer_bunny) Mel wrote: "Amy wrote: "Has anyone read the second one? I’m still waiting for it to be delivered."

Im a little less than halfway through the second one. It's awesome so far!"

Woohooo! I can't wait to get it! It's taking forever, or so it seems. Thanks!!

message 17: by Sarah Marie (new)

Sarah Marie | 14 comments I read this one a couple of years ago and I loved it. I definitely want to reread it. I just started university again and just haven't found the time to crack it open! Hopefully I can reread alongside everyone!

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (musingsofacat) I finally read the book today and it was really good. Not a big fan of the title but I really like how she makes herself better and I really like the romance. I gave it a 3 star but it's more like a 3.5 star for me, and I don't do partial stars much. I definitely see potential for this series and I'm looking forward to the second one.
It reminded me of iZombie too :)

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ellemacbeth) | 1 comments This was my first zombie book and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I was apprehensive at first since This isn’t the usual type a book I go for but I love mysteries and this was basically one. I just joined Peter’s book club and I this book was a good start. I’m glad it made me take a step out of my comfort zone.

message 20: by Venetia (new)

Venetia Breakwell (mrs2648baker) | 12 comments I finished a few days ago, but life gets in the way sometimes. Like Elizabeth I have broken my zombie virginity, and I loved it. I gave it 4 stars, as it has been a breath of fresh air after some heavy duty crime (fiction) and I'll be gone in the dark. Currently halfway through Sharp Objects and I've just started Stepford Wives. Can't wait to prise Hitchikers Guide from my eldests hands, listened to the original radio plays and tv shows and I'm looking forward to re-reading Doug Adams once again.

message 21: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (musingsofacat) I did a review here too if anybody is interested :)
https://youtu.be/pXjOhUi56Uc

message 22: by Erica (new)

Erica (luna_dangerous) | 5 comments I have been out of the loop for a while, but I did manage to get back on track with this book. However, knowing Peter was just on vacation, I was wondering if the stream for this will be tomorrow. Does anyone know?

message 23: by Mel (new)

I’m hoping to have an update on the schedule today

message 24: by Peter (new)

Peter Monn | 23 comments Mod
The live stream for this will be on 9/9 per the updated schedule. Mel and I are going to work on the next set of books tomorrow. I’m loving this book. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I love Angel as a character. It was a little bit gory to me at first and I thought, maybe based on the cover, that it wouldn’t be well written but I’m completely engrossed in the story. I’m definitely going to read others in the series.

message 25: by Mel (new)

Peter, I’m almost done with the second book and it’s just as good!

message 26: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments I am up to book five. So glad we read this book. Really enjoying the series. Even my husband thinks they are funny and he loves the white trash names.

message 27: by Erica (new)

Erica (luna_dangerous) | 5 comments Thanks for the update Peter and Mel!

message 28: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments i’m sad i can’t make this live stream, i’m really enjoying this book!

message 29: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Taggart (easternskies) | 1 comments I have loved this book for awhile now. I can't recommend the audiobooks enough. The reader is perfect for the story. The quality of the writing is also consistent through the entire series. Love, love, love!

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3 comments I really loved this book. Totally did not think I would. I don’t typically like zombie related stuff but this story was great.

message 31: by Mel (new)

Ashley, I felt the same!

message 32: by Den (new)

Den | 23 comments I loved this book. Definitely reading the second one!! Taking reality and mixing it with zombie life, totally believable.

message 33: by Den (new)

Den | 23 comments Listening to the Apocalipse now! I wanna be a badass like Angel

message 34: by Mel (new)

He sure did. The livestream is today.

message 35: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Sad I couldn't make it but I'm still 214 pages in. Took me a while to get the book on hold. But can't wait to discuss it on here. I tried to finish today in bed but ended up taking a nap after reading a good bit instead. XD Oh well!

message 36: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments What do you think so far JN?

message 37: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Tracee wrote: "What do you think so far JN?"

I'm loving it. Angel is extremely likable and the story is interesting!

message 38: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments Angel is fun.

message 39: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments 4.5 stars for me! Loved it. I had to deduct a point because the climax and overall ending seemed a bit rushed. Had to re-read the part where Angel figured it out because it seemed like it happened way too fast. Definitely want to read the rest. Years ago I snickered at the title and now I feel really stupid for judging such a fun book!

message 40: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments My husband loves to joke about the titles of the book series. He is also enjoying the humor in the books. I listen on audible so he hears it in the background when I am cooking, exercising and doing tasks around the house.

message 41: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments I just finished the last book in the series and I would definitely recommend finishing. They are so fun. The audiobook narrator has also grown on me to where I can't imagine anyone but her as Angel Crawford. Sad to be done with these! I'm giving the series as a whole a 4.5/5.