Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Dead vendor links in out-of-print editions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenabellbooks) | 28 comments Hi, there. I'm an author who just had five titles revert rights to me, which means the publisher pulled them from the e-retailer sites. I've marked all five editions out of print in the descriptions (following the guidelines :-)), but the links to the vendors are still live in the book profiles. Is there any way to disable those links to discourage readers from clicking through and being frustrated by "not found" pages? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give! Best, Serena

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14886 comments If you mean the 'get a copy' links, they are not book-specific but user-specific (every user sets their own links) and cannot be deleted.

If you mean links in the URL field, they can be deleted. Please post links to the books concerned here, and a librarian can delete them.

message 3: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenabellbooks) | 28 comments Thank you. Yes, I meant the "Get a Copy" buttons. I was hoping it might be possible for a given title to "turn them off," but it sounds like what you're saying is that they're there for every book and generated on the fly based on the store & the ISBN. In which case GR users are at least somewhat used to the fact that they don't always work ...? At any rate, you've given me my answer -- thank you!!

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14886 comments Serena wrote: "In which case GR users are at least somewhat used to the fact that they don't always work ...? At any rate, you've given me my answer -- thank you!!"

That is right (and you have also added OoP notes to the descriptions, that helps), and you're welcome :)