Play Book Tag discussion

My Italian Bulldozer (Paul Stewart #1)
This topic is about My Italian Bulldozer
Archive: Other Books > My Italian Bulldozer / Alexander McCall Smith - 3***

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6380 comments My Italian Bulldozer A Paul Stuart Novel (1) by Alexander McCall Smith
My Italian Bulldozer – Alexander McCall Smith
Book on CD performed by Sir Timothy Ackroyd
3****

After food writer Paul Stuart’s girlfriend leaves him for her personal trainer, his editor, Gloria, suggests that he go to Tuscany for an extended stay to research and write his new book about the food and wine of the region. All is arranged, but a snafu at the rental car agency results in his having to take a bulldozer. Things could be worse; though he’s not sure how. Great food, plenty of vino, and your own bulldozer – sounds like a recipe for success! Thus begins this delightful adventure romance in the Tuscan hills.

Smith is fast becoming my go-to author whenever I feel the need for a gentle humorous break from the realities of life. I love his No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series, and have become a fan of his gentle style of writing. Like most of his novels, this one is full of the drama of everyday life. Not much happens, but somehow major life decisions get made. Along the way are scenes of heartache, humor, friendship, and romance.

Life is somehow better when it does NOT going according to plan. A totally satisfying novel that is just pure enjoyment.

Timothy Ackroyd does a marvelous job of narrating the audiobook. He has good pacing and I loved the way he voiced the Italians! I could practically see his arms waving about for emphasis.

LINK to my review

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2666 comments This sounds charming. I really must get an Audible membership - our library is a little limited on audiobooks

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6380 comments My only regret is that I was listening to the CDs .. which means while I was driving around in my car. So I couldn't enjoy some Italian wines while listening ... would be the perfect accompaniment for this book!