Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > available beta reader

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moondoodle (last edited Aug 18, 2018 11:51PM) (new)

Moondoodle | 2 comments Hey!
I am a female, late 20s, lifelong reader. My favorite genres are probably fantasy and mystery although I have been known to read an abundance of all genres. I read adult, ya, and middle grade.
I generally do not read romance/erotica and I am less and less interested in reading more of it as time goes on, although I will probably be willing to beta on that front if you want. I am asexual so I probably have a different perspective on romance than other beta readers might, which is something to keep in mind for any romantic plotline.

Please let me know if you are interesting having me read your work!

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire | 21 comments Moondoodle

I have a finished mystery called CAM GIRL MURDERS. It almost 83,000 words.

If you are interested in beta reading it I would be appreciative. I am looking for the brutal truth. You can contact me at dcymai@aol.com. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

David

message 3: by Lizet (new)

Lizet Engelbrecht | 15 comments Hi there, thanks for offering to BR.
I have a 75000 YA Fantasy. If you are stil available and interested pleased contract me.
Lizet.darling@yahoo.com

message 4: by Moondoodle (new)

Moondoodle | 2 comments I have a few authors messaging me now, and I don't want to end up with a waiting list. I'll update once I'm available again!
I'm so excited to read your works!

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian Christopher (brianchristopher) | 29 comments Would you be interested in a classic mystery/thriller? "The Puzzlemaker"

After 10 years service as a cryptographer with MI6 during the cold war, the extremely shy and reclusive George Withers becomes editor and compiler of the Sunday Times crossword.
30 years later and now in his 60's, an old MI6 colleague asks him to place a code within the Sunday Times cryptic crossword puzzle. Unknown to him, this results in a number of gruesome deaths. The father of one of the victims discovers the puzzle maker had something to do with his son's death, and goes on the hunt. Now George has to solve his own puzzle to save his own life.

It can be picked up here:http://www.brianchristophernovels.com...

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy Jordan | 6 comments Moondoodle wrote: "Hey!
I am a female, late 20s, lifelong reader. My favorite genres are probably fantasy and mystery although I have been known to read an abundance of all genres. I read adult, ya, and middle grade...."

Hello, I have four chapters of a historical fiction that I believe falls into middle school reading. It is about the transformation of Cole Younger from a fun loving teenager raised in a close knit and wealthy family to becoming a desperate outlaw. I hope yo hear from you.

Judy Jordan

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Teague | 7 comments Hey there!

I have written a 100k word urban fantasy with a romantic subplot. The story isn't too focused on the romance and there are no explicit adult scenes. There are however some violent fight scenes. The story is from the p.o.v. of two anti-heroes.

You can find the first chapter of the novel here: https://betabooks.co/signup/book/3e87g6
And feel free to mail me; sophieteague.official@gmail.com

Thank you lots,
Sophie.

message 8: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Combs | 28 comments Hello!

I am looking for a beta for my approximately 50k word novel. You need to have a Gmail account, as I use Google Drive for everything.

General Synopsis: A photographer visits a lonely town to take photos for a client. He encounters many different people while there, but doesn't take anyone's life too seriously. As the novel progresses, the readers and the photographer learn about their lives and what lies beyond the mask. There is also a little bit of a mystery surrounding the town's history and some of the character's pasts.

You can email me at briannacombs.author@gmail.com if you are interested! I don't have any deadlines, so don't feel pressure on that end. Thank you!

message 9: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 128 comments Hi Moondoodle (and everyone else).

I’m currently looking for beta readers for my completed manuscript and I came across your post. It’s a sci-fi thriller with a noir edge, currently sitting at around 100,000 words. Here is a (very) rough blurb:

In the not-to-distant future, privacy is a thing of the past. Our lives are monitored and recorded by implants and watched by an all-seeing eye—a government agency called NEXUS.
While some fear the Network, others have found a way to use it to their advantage; one of these people is Nasir Khan. Khan is a private investigator and hacker, and he’ll break into the Network and the feeds direct from people’s implants, for a price.
He’s used to trouble. Everyday he deals with clients looking for missing wives, stolen money, a cheating husband. But when a client calling themselves only “Anonymous” contacts him, things get interesting.
What starts off as just another job soon becomes a murder coverup involving a former government bigwig, mysterious hit men, and a former politician who could be a damsel in distress and could be a femme fatale. And the worst part is, they all have some unknown link to NEXUS.
The question isn’t can Khan use his wits to solve the case, but does he have what it takes to survive.

If that sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with a direct message. This is only the first draft of my script, so I’m only looking for bigger picture fixes on plot and pacing at this stage.

I'm also available to be a critique partner or beta swapper. So if anyone else sees this and is interested then feel free to get in touch. I’m interested in most genres. My favourites are sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. The only genres I don’t feel I can give accurate feedback on are romance stories, erotica, and historical fiction, as I’m not a big reader of any of these. Although fiction with a historical backdrop where historical accuracy isn’t paramount, I can provide feedback on, no problem.

Thanks everyone. I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,

Kirk.

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 103 comments Hello,

I'm looking for beta readers for a dark ghost story. It started as a Jack the Ripper origin story with a romantic supernatural twist, but became another story on its own. No Jack, but plently of the supernatural, light on the romantic. It's dark, it's Gothic.

This story comes in at approximately 9,200 words. It's short. I'm looking to see if certain parts of the plot come across and need to be expanded. Also character development and likeability.

If you're still beta reading, please contact me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com if you're interested!

Best,
Kat Devitt