Art Lovers discussion

Interior Decor, a Different Art > Interior Decorating in General

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Aug 18, 2018 10:32PM) (new)

Heather | 8545 comments According to the recent poll (which I am very pleased received many participants and comments), Interior Decor is. in fact, an art of some kind based on the majority of votes.

Whether it is fine art or not is to be debated, true. But, art it definitely is in the minds of the majority of you members that voted and commented in the poll.

This folder can discuss the topic of what kind of art it can be difined as...a debate of a sort. Also, we will discuss different types of decor, the eras, the changes, likes and dislikes including reasons for opinions, etc.

Feel free to post whatever you feel to add. All of you are also invited to create a thread of your own of a topic not already being discussed but in which you have an interest so as to engage the group in that discussion.

Let's have fun with this 'different' type of art and see where it goes!

(P.S. This folder will be ongoing and I admit will take some time on my part to organize and include different topics. Feel free to jump in and comment at will throughout the development of this folder)

To be continued...

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8545 comments Hello everyone! I do hope some of you look at this post and subsequent additions to this thread. I'm really exited about this and would love to know all the information in your collective intelligent minds of my current posts. Here is why:

I'm now in the process of moving to the state of Washington about 45 minutes from Seattle on the coast. It has always been my dream to open a store centered around antiques, art, collectables, furniture, etc. and finally I have a source for the funds I need!

In two weeks there will be an estate auction in a very wealthy neighborhood of a $5 million dollar estate. The items in the auction include pieces from the Ming Dynasty, Queen Anne furniture, and Victorian furniture

Any knowledge you would like to share to help me get to know these styles and pieces would be very helpful to me at the auction as I am attempting to fill my store with pieces of the like.

I'm going to start a couple new threads, and I've noticed there hasn't been much (any) commentary in this thread, I hope you can help me out! I'll let you know how it goes!