Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: September 2018

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Sep 22, 2018 12:38PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Duration: September 1-30

Partners will be picked on the same day!

Guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (It's just to give a choice) ****

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 2: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Aug 25, 2018 09:43PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Participants:

Sophie
Nancy85
Leah
Carrie
Hannah
Jessica
Michelle
Dezra
PreePree
Jamie
Sarah

message 3: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Aug 31, 2018 05:03PM) (new)

message 14: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments We have an odd number. Anybody want 2 partners?

message 15: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments Partners have been picked! See post #3.

message 16: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4909 comments Jessica, I pick
Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu -I've heard good things about this book.
The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1) by Katharine McGee -this is also on my list.
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli -Can't go wrong with Becky Albertalli

Hope one of these books are a winner for September.

message 17: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Hi Sarah,

For you I have

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton because it's on my wishlist

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke because she's a good author

Taggerung (Redwall, #14) by Brian Jacques because I have the first book started

Happy Reading

message 18: by Michelle (last edited Aug 31, 2018 06:01PM) (new)

Michelle | 1696 comments Hannah..Here are my choices for you!

Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Motherhood Intervention Book 3 in the Intervention Series by Hilary Dartt

Maid for Love (Gansett Island, #1) by Marie Force

message 19: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Aug 31, 2018 06:33PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments My partner is Michelle and I pick:

1.) World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee because this was a good series.

2.) Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman because it's a popular book.

3.) Defects (The Reverians, #1) by Sarah Noffke because this book is on my TBR too.

message 20: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments My partner is Leah and I pick:

1.) Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5) by Penny Reid because you've been enjoying this series.

2.) Smitten (Smitten, #1) by Colleen Coble because it has been on your list the longest.

3.) Read, Write, Love at Seaside (Sweet with Heat Seaside Summers #1) by Addison Cole because this is on my TBR list too.

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 557 comments Hi Nancy85,
Thanks for my awesome picks. I'm going to order from the library and decide from there.
For you I pick:
An Albertalli for you :) Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller I heard this was good, or
Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King because it has been on your to read list (and mine too) a long time

Hope there is a winner there!

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 237 comments Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the picks! You had so many good ones to choose from! For you I am choosing,

Circe by Madeline Miller because it's a fairly new release and I thought it was very good.

You Bring the Distant Near by Mitali Perkins because I gave it 5 stars and feel like it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern because it's a favorite of mine.

message 23: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 4909 comments Jessica wrote: "Hi Nancy85,
Thanks for my awesome picks. I'm going to order from the library and decide from there.
For you I pick:
An Albertalli for you :) Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli
Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli since i read the first one in the series

message 24: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments For Jamie I pick:

Sanctum (Asylum, #2) by Madeleine Roux Furiously Happy A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson The Second Wife by Kishan Paul

message 25: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2677 comments My partner is Hannah, and because I like the covers, I choose:

1. Love Game (Love Games, #1) by Maggie Wells

2. Lost Rider (Coming Home, #1) by Harper Sloan

3. The Look of Love (Mama's Boys, #1) by Crystal B. Bright

message 26: by Jamie (new)

Jamie PreePree wrote: "For Jamie I pick:

Sanctum (Asylum, #2) by Madeleine RouxFuriously Happy A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny LawsonThe Second Wife by Kishan Paul"

YAY! I'll be starting with Furiously Happy I think and go from there! love these choices!!

message 27: by Jamie (new)

Jamie @PreePree
for you I pick:
Ignite by Jessica Sorensen Blue Rose (The Noru, #1) by Lola St. Vil Golden Age (The Shifting Tides, #1) by James Maxwell

message 28: by Carrie (last edited Sep 01, 2018 06:36AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Sarah wrote: "Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the picks! You had so many good ones to choose from! For you I am choosing,

Circe by Madeline Miller because it's a fairly new release and I thought it was very good.

[bo..."

Thank you I own [bookcover:The Night Circus|9361589] The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and Circe by Madeline Miller is in transit from the library to mine so I know I'll get possibly 2 in this month.

message 29: by Sophie (new)

Sophie My partner is Dezra and I pick
My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia Hand

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

message 30: by Dezra (new)

Dezra Bennett (dezra_bennett) | 652 comments My partner is Sophie and I pick
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore

The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead

Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller

message 31: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments Jamie wrote: "@PreePree
for you I pick:
Ignite by Jessica Sorensen Blue Rose (The Noru, #1) by Lola St. VilGolden Age (The Shifting Tides, #1) by James Maxwell"

I pick Golden Age (The Shifting Tides, #1) by James Maxwell

message 32: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments I read Love Game (Love Games, #1) by Maggie Wells and gave it 3 stars.

message 33: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2677 comments I read Smitten (Smitten, #1) by Colleen Coble and gave it 2 stars.

message 34: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments I finished Golden Age (The Shifting Tides, #1) by James Maxwell and gave it 3.5 stars

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 557 comments I read Warcross and gave it 4stars. Thanks Nancy85!

message 36: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7288 comments I read Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and gave it 3 stars.

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1696 comments I read Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman and gave it 5 stars