Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Reader Needed - Paranormal/urban fantasy romance - ~56k

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (bluskies) | 1 comments Hello -

I am seeking beta readers for a completed paranomal romance novel with an urban fantasy theme. It is not a YA romance. I realize this genre is saturated but I would greatly benefit from some honest feedback - this is not my preferred genre to write in, and I do have designs on publishing, whether that is this novel or a different one in my preferred genre.

It is a first draft but not rough. Werewolves (and magic), not vampires. Mature content. Synopsis as follows:

When Sebastian Arens stumbles into her office bleeding and terrified, private investigator Anita Vidal thinks this is just another case to tuck under her belt. She doesn't plan on getting emotionally involved, let alone taking on the responsibility of introducing him to his new world.

Sebastian has no idea what happened to him except that he woke up bleeding, in pain, and terrified. Desperate and confused, he hopes Ani will have the answers he needs. He has no idea his safe, mundane world is splitting apart at the seams.

Because in Ani's world, magic is an everyday thing, and Ani is a cop, through and through. She just happens to know about the things that go bump in the night, and she happens to have a skillset that helps her navigate it. She isn't ready to give up her secrets yet, and Seb is just trying to get through the month without losing his mind.

From the white sands of Coronado Bay to the seedier side of San Diego, the mysterious Channel Islands to a cafe that isn't what it seems, Ani will bring Seb into her world, and try not to lose it in the process.

This is approximately 56,000 words. I have a questionnaire ready to go and would like to have some good, honest, feedback by the end of September.

Please email me at sandra.hamous@gmail.com if you are interested. Thank you very much for your time!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments i love to read it. please PM me to know my timetable.