The Dog Ear discussion

TV, Movies & Games > Book to Movie Adaptation(s)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments Yes, I am a book snob. I will judge a movie on how closely it resembles the likeness of the book it has been adapted after. Now with that being said is there any movies that anyone could suggest that were well done or any that we "book snobs" should stay away from?

message 2: by Myffanwy (new)

Myffanwy Geronazzo | 4 comments Bad:
-Eragon
-Percy Jackson: Lightening Thief
-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Johnny Depp)
-Great Gatsby (Brad Pitt--F*** THIS MOVIE)
-Hobbit Trilogy

Good:
-No Night is Too Long
-American Psycho
-OG Charlie and Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder)
-Lolita (John Travolta)
-Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Also I know Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is good but I personally can't stand it. Same with Hunger Games. I hate the books and movie so its not a fair comparison.

message 3: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments Mel wrote: "Bad:
-Eragon
-Percy Jackson: Lightening Thief
-Great Gatsby (Brad Pitt--F*** THIS MOVIE)
-Hobbit Trilogy

Good:
-No Night is Too Long
-American Psyc..."

I REALLY agree with:
-Hobbit Trilogy
I haven't actually read the other 3 so I really can't judge.

I LOVE Charlie and Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder)!!!
I have never read American Psycho but really enjoyed the movie. It has compelled me to read the book one of these days. Also I did enjoy the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

message 4: by Zheena, Killer Queen (new)

Zheena (black-destiny) | 40 comments Also working at getting into reading the Harry Potter series, I have seen all the movies. I kinda am doing this one backwards as when the first movie came out I had no idea it was originally a book!

message 5: by Bree (new)

Bree (sleeplilpsycho) | 4 comments I get aggressively ragey when I think of a few book to movie adaptions that are just a no go, but the biggest flop in my world of books was the adaption of the Darren Shan cirque du freak series into one movie.

They botched the story line, characters, f***ing outfits and overall feel of the books Darren Shan had created. Even the author himself mentioned that they got the rights of the book and basically shoved him aside. This could have been an amazing series and a long running experience if they followed the book but it flopped in the box office aswell in a lot of Darren Shans fans hearts