Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Hoopla Digital App

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Just Press Play (justpressplay) Hoopla is the app where you can download audiobooks, ebooks, movies, music, etc thru your local library using your library card to check out items digitally. I was wondering if libraries get to decide which books get put on there, or if the author is the one who decides if they want their book on there. Is there a way to request books to Hoopla? And has anyone found any Hoopla groups here on goodreads?

I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question, I figure since the app is connected to your library card this would be the best place for my question. Thanks!

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11545 comments Goodreads librarians are not real-life librarians, but volunteers who help with the Goodreads database.

message 3: by L J (new)

L J | 324 comments Angela wrote: "Hoopla is the app where you can download audiobooks, ebooks, movies, music, etc thru your local library using your library card to check out items digitally. I was wondering if libraries get to dec..."

I happen to know some answers because I also volunteer at a real life library. Sometimes authors don't even know their books are on hoopla. Hoopla has a catalog from which libraries choose what patrons can access. This is in part determined by the cost of the item.
If you want to know more come to hoopla addicts group https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.