What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teens/kids maybe dystopian society. Girl captured by police, must go undercover in order to get food rewards. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris Zheng Spoilers ahead: I read this book back in 2012 or 13. The book was about this little girl, who was taken from her family, I think it was because you were only allowed to have 1 child in the family, but she was born. She was captured the the "police" and I believe she was chained up. After this man came in her cell and gave her some bread. This continued for a while. And then one day, he told her to go "undercover" I think. The girl had to go to this dark cell with 2 or 3 other kids (I forgot) I believe it was like.. 1 not and 2 girls. Anyways, the man told her if she did it, she would get more food. So after that, every few days or something, the man would take the girl out of the dark cell and she would have a huge feast. I don't really remember the plot, but I think the 3 other kids were going to be sent away or something...And the girl felt bad, because the kids would only get a bit of bread while she had a whole feast or something. Yeah.. that's about all I remember from the book, please help me find the title because I want to read it again, I was around 11 years old when I first read it. The book was in English and it seemed newish at the time (not that new) I know there are sequels to the book.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris Zheng Oh, sorry it was also a chapter book, not too long, maybe like 200 or 300 pages

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris Zheng NEVER MIND GUYS I FOUND IT ITS CALLED AMONG THE BETRAYED

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Among the Betrayed (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Margaret Peterson Haddix (other topics)