Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Etcetera > Book suggestions from Podcasts

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15083 comments We all love getting news of new books and finding books we may have missed on topics of interest, or to stretch our literary horizons.
Podcasts for audio lovers are a great way to listen and learn and often supplemental reading material is mentioned.
I've been adding books to my to be read shelves that I've heard of from podcasts but when I am ready to read them have usually forgotten which podcast introduced it to me. I am going to try to connect those dots by mentioning some of them here and invite you to join me!
Feel free to mention favorite podcasts too. We can always listen to more!

message 2: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Ann wrote: "We all love getting news of new books and finding books we may have missed on topics of interest, or to stretch our literary horizons.
Podcasts for audio lovers are a great way to listen and learn..."

Cool discussion idea, Ann!

message 3: by Ann (last edited Aug 18, 2018 08:36PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15083 comments Jan O’Cat: Thanks, you’ve inspired me to do a better job of connecting my podcast reading ideas back to the source!
I’ll start with a book I picked up at the library today. It was brought to my attention from a Science Magazine podcast on July 26, 2018
http://www.sciencemag.org/podcasts

Andrew Lawler’s book The Secret Token: Myth, Obsession, and the Search for the Lost Colony of Roanoke is intriguing. I hope I’ll have time to get through it. My print reading time will slow after heading back to work - my vacation is coming to an end. My tbr is bulging at the seams. 😀
The Secret Token: Myth, Obsession, and the Search for the Lost Colony of Roanoke

message 4: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Ann wrote: "Andrew Lawler’s book The Secret Token: Myth, Obsession, and the Search for the Lost Colony of Roanoke is intriguing. "

That does sound intriguing, Ann. I've wondered about Roanoke pretty much since I first heard about it in elementary school. I'll have to look for it.