2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Dessa's 600 books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dessa (new)

Dessa (dessashewolf) Hey everyone, I know I'm a little bit late but I just joined this group, and my goal for this year is set to 400 books( fast reader-_-) but I'm actually nearly there so I think I'm gonna have to change it ...

Look forward to chat with you all!

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with your (new) goal and above all happy reading Dessa!

message 3: by Dessa (new)

Dessa (dessashewolf) I have one book left to reach my goal, yayy, I always look to read something recommended from the others for my final read so I'd like if you'd recommend your favorite read of this year so far... I'd love to hear from you!

message 4: by Susy (last edited Aug 25, 2018 01:26PM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) She-wolf wrote: "I have one book left to reach my goal, yayy, I always look to read something recommeCircended from the others for my final read so I'd like if you'd recommend your favorite read of this year so far... I..."

That's a difficult one:
I loved Winter which is the last instalment of The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
I also loved Ready Player One, The Song of Achilles, Circe and The Book Thief but I see you already read the last one.

If you're into Greek mythology I would recommend The Song of Achilles (Circe is #2).
If you're into fairy tale retellings I would definitely recommend The Lunar Chronicles.
If you'd prefer to read a stand alone then I'd recommend Ready Player One (though The Song of Achilles can be read as a standalone as well).

Curious to see which one you'll pick and how you will like it :)

message 5: by Dessa (new)

Dessa (dessashewolf) I think I'll go with The Song of Achilles as for The Lunar Chronicles I'm a bit sceptic about starting it as I've very mixed emotions about it(from the comments of others).

Thank you, Susy.

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) You’re welcome Dessa, hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did!
(and hoping you’ll change your mind about The Lunar Chronicles lol, it’s is one of my top favorites! :) )

message 7: by Dessa (new)

Dessa (dessashewolf) As I said I changed my goal, a bit to much maybe, lol...
One more month left til the end of the year, let's see how that goes :))