Play Book Tag discussion

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
This topic is about Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
Archive: Other Books > Snow Flower and the Secret Fan – Lisa See - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1153 comments Snow Flower and Lily are brought together as a contractual laotong, “old same” friend match at age 7. They will remain close for their lifetime. The process of foot-binding at the same age was graphically described (poor kids). By 10 they are in arranged marriage contracts. The story is told from Lily's point of view. Life is harsh but especially for girls. Traditions reinforce this and only when a girl is lucky enough to have a son and end up as the mother-in-law in a household does she have any power. The main dramatic elements revolve around Lily's rise in fortune and Snow Flower's decline and their attempts to remain supportive of each other when families and politics try to pull them apart. A good story.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6393 comments I loved this book ... and so did the two F2F book clubs that I read it with.

Karin | 7465 comments I loved this one--five stars for me. I'm glad you liked it; it's the bes of the Lisa See novels I've read .

Ladyslott | 1880 comments 5 Stars from me, loved this book.