Clean Reads discussion

Clean Reads Book Club > Washi-clean versions of books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista | 7 comments Hey guys,

So I got back into reading last year during my first pregnancy and like many of you became frustrated at the difficulty of finding clean books to read that were also interesting and up to date. For my book club friends, I started editing books and covering foul language or sexual scenes with washi tape so I could give them great books but without trying to excuse the language. Anyways, I haven't done very many, but if anyone is interested, I have posted a few on amazon for sale that we've read and would be willing to take requests for future possible book club picks.

My seller name is washicleanbooks and I have listed right now:
Goodnight Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

Thanks for the recommendations from everyone else. I appreciate having a few people like myself reading and trying to balancing everything out :)

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 221 comments What a lot of time-consuming work for you - I'm sure many will thank you.

There's a large bookshelf in this group which probably has only clean books. Is that any help?

message 3: by Krista (new)

Krista | 7 comments Oh definitely! I have taken a few ideas from the bookshelf already. And I appreciate just seeing anyone talk about reading and clean versions.

Editing the books is a little work up front, but easy to do after the first one. I'm only doing it on the books that have just a handful of cuss words throughout. Books that I like and are getting good reviews and I really want to share them with friends! I just can't figure out why they ruin them with just a few choice words.