Polls for Our Souls discussion

Discussion > Long or short reviews?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments Do you like reading long or short reviews?

message 2: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) short! as long as they’re still in-depth.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Auten | 126 comments Honestly depends on my mood. I normally read long ones more often though.

message 4: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (door_een) | 61 comments ^^ same

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments Definitely short/not too long!

message 6: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 13 comments I personally love reading long reviews. (Though I seldom write them...) I have such a large TBR and the long ones help me decide what to read next because they'er comprehensive. Though I love reading shorter reviews too!

message 7: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta Long - especially negative rant-reviews. 😄

Aiden (The Book Scourge) | 141 comments If I loved the book, it's probably going to be a short review. However if I hated the book, brace yourself for a long and rant-filled review.

message 9: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 113 comments Angela wrote: "Honestly depends on my mood. I normally read long ones more often though."

Same.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments Luís wrote: "Depends of the book and of my mood. :o)"
Same.
But usually I like them rather short than too long.

message 11: by Rida (new)

Rida Imran  (ridaimran) | 40 comments Depends on my mood. Same about writing them

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Bowe (sarahsbookstack) I honestly don't care, but I do hate the ones that just explain the summary of the book (on the book itself) again.

RyanneAndHerBooks | 64 comments I don't mind the length as much as the structure. If it's sectioned off and organized by the main points I'm more likely to read the whole thing rather than skim. Or if it's funny. Then again, I write very unorganized reviews soooooo, hypocrisy 😹

message 14: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments I prefer short reviews. If the review is as long as a chapter, I probably won't read it and sometimes long reviews contain spoilers.

message 15: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments Sarah wrote: "I honestly don't care, but I do hate the ones that just explain the summary of the book (on the book itself) again."

Yes! I feel exactly the same Sarah.

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments Unique wrote: "I prefer short reviews. If the review is as long as a chapter, I probably won't read it and sometimes long reviews contain spoilers."

Exactly! Same here.

message 17: by Kitteh (new)

Kitteh (mimikyuu16) | 8 comments I don't read long reviews. So yeah, I personally prefer short ones.

message 18: by C.A. (new)

C.A. | 58 comments If it's a negative book review I feel like it should be long to really explain all the faults.

If it's a positive book review I like them short and to the point.

message 19: by C.A. (new)

C.A. | 58 comments Cendaquenta wrote: "Long - especially negative rant-reviews. 😄"

Agreed!! Especially if it's a book I didn't like either!

message 20: by C.H. (new)

C.H. Baum | 4 comments I'll take long, short, funny, vitriolic, disgusted, and even fawning. Just leave SOMETHING!

message 21: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 324 comments I don’t care as long as it’s interesting or informative to me.

message 22: by Tania (new)

Tania Shorter works best for me - I usually just want to know the short reason for the star-rating. I don't write long reviews - I mostly don't write reviews to be honest because if I enjoyed the book I just say "Loved it" and don't go into detail and if I didn't like the book I feel too bad to go into how bad the writing was etc.

message 23: by Nyla (new)

Nyla Panzilius (nylap) | 71 comments Either short or long is fine with me, but I do not like it when a reviewer summarizes the entire book in their review. A review should NOT be a book report! A review should offer an opinion about the book, tell what you liked about it, or what you didn't, and possibly make comparisons or connections to other works.

message 24: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments Indeed!!!