Christian Book Reviews discussion

Shoulder to Shoulder (Hangdog #1)
This topic is about Shoulder to Shoulder
Reviews > Review Request for Newly Released Contemporary Christian Fiction Novel

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tylie (last edited Aug 17, 2018 04:17PM) (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Hello all -- I'm brand new to this world, and this group was recommended to me as a good place to get reviews from like-minded readers/writers. I have recently published my first Christian fiction novel, and my second is in pre-publication (due out in October). I own a marketing company and, as part of this journey, we have opened a Christian publishing house (Vertu Publishing) and we're on the verge of accepting new authors! My novel was set to publish with someone else, but when we decided to open our own publishing component, I decided to go it with my own company instead. So far, the book has done quite well on very limited marketing, and I'm considering a Frontgate campaign -- BUT before I do, hear my heart, I would really appreciate feedback from avid Christian readers. The bottom line, I don't want to push it if people don't enjoy reading it - does that make sense?

It's available on Amazon (where I'd love to get POSITIVE reviews, as well as here on GoodReads, Smashbooks, B&N, and so on) -- I'm willing to 'gift' an e-version of the book to those of you who would like one, and will give an honest review. My only request is that only GOOD reviews be made public. If you hate it, I want to know - but I don't want it blasted from the rooftops, if you get my drift. haha

I'm willing to answer any questions you might have and I'm really hoping to connect with people in this world. You are my tribe, you just don't know it yet. :)

For His sake,
Tylie

message 2: by Lilian (new) - added it

Lilian (lilian_sh) | 16 comments I'd love to! :) Feel free to message me on GR (and also pass me a link to the Amazon page, if you don't mind :) ).

message 3: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Hooray! Thanks! I'll inbox you shortly!

The Amazon page is:

https://www.amazon.com/Hangdog-Should...

Seems like a really long link when it's pasted into this tiny box on my phone. Haha!

message 4: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Lilian, I sent you a friend request. Your account settings won't let me message you otherwise. :)

message 5: by Lilian (new) - added it

Lilian (lilian_sh) | 16 comments I accepted it. :) Yeah, they're like that since I'd rather not spammers message me.

message 6: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments I totally understand!

Hanna | 46 comments I'm not able to review on Amazon, but I'd like to read it and review it here on Goodreads! :) Is a PDF copy available?

message 8: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Yes ma'am.

I have a link to download a PDF copy from my site. Shall I message you here?

Hanna | 46 comments Yes, that's fine. :) Thanks!

message 10: by Josh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josh Hamon (joshhamon) | 14 comments Are you still looking for reviews?

message 11: by Josh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josh Hamon (joshhamon) | 14 comments Are you still looking for reviews?

message 12: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Josh wrote: "Are you still looking for reviews?"

Yep! I sure am. :)

My only request is, if you review the book, and you rate it LESS than 4 stars, please don't make it public. If it's 4 stars or above, of course, public is fine. lol.

I'm using these reviews to steer my style as a move forward in the series.

message 13: by Josh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josh Hamon (joshhamon) | 14 comments Works for me, can you send it to me and I'll get to work?

I've posted to this group that I'm looking for trades and I'm hoping you'll read my post and consider returning the favor for my book: The Real Martin Luther

message 14: by Delia (new)

Delia (delialatham) I wish more reviewers realized how important this is. On three-star review pulls the overall rating down dramatically.

message 15: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Josh wrote: "Works for me, can you send it to me and I'll get to work?

I've posted to this group that I'm looking for trades and I'm hoping you'll read my post and consider returning the favor for my book: The..."

Absolutely. I can PM you an e-copy.

message 16: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Delia wrote: "I wish more reviewers realized how important this is. On three-star review pulls the overall rating down dramatically."

Girl, RIGHT?

If I'm requesting reviews, it's because I want to learn from them, not ruin my career before it even gets started! hahaha

message 17: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Of course! I am definitely still seeking (and willing to give) reviews.

message 18: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Hello again Jenny,

Your profile is not set up to receive messages from non-friends. :)

message 19: by Tylie (new)

Tylie Eaves | 16 comments Thanks! I've been out of town. I'll get it to you asap!