What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Similar to fablehaven but it’s different

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Benotti | 4 comments 2 kids visit grandparents
Brother and sister
Grandma has an old car that has slotted windows that can blow bees into the car at high speeds
Flea market
Finds something in a false bottom of a music box the granddaughter got
Grandson got a baseball bat or something

Thinks it’s a magic amulet inside

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
When did you read it?
Cover?
Author female or male?

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Benotti | 4 comments I read it back in 2006/2007, around the time I was in 6th grade. To tell you the truth all I remember about the book is above. Our teacher found it and read it to us after we finished fablehaven book 1.

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Maybe The Key to Rondo. Not all the details match but in case you are misremembering....

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Benotti | 4 comments The grandparents are a key part of the story. The boy is younger than his sister. I remember a small passage of him talking about how his grandmas car had these windows that shot bees into the car.
That’s about it.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Benotti | 4 comments I could be remembering some things wrong like the amulet and music box. But something happens that throws the siblings into an adventure with their grandparents. It’s a fantasy adventure story .

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela | 626 comments The Thirteenth Unicorn by W.D. Newman The Thirteenth Unicorn by W.D. Newman? I found this excerpt on Google Books: "Ben used to think this was the coolest invention ever and could not understand why all cars did not have these window vents on the front doors. Until he found out that they also directed bees into the car at high velocities as well."