What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA, scifi, fantasy: teenage girl who is raised by her father but at night she has some kind of powers. She's part vampire or some other monster.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Decker | 3 comments I read this book a few years back and i can see the scenes in my head but i can not remember names or the title of the book.

The main character is a teenage girl who is raised by her father but at night she has some kind of powers. I think shes like part vampire or some other monster like that. Her father moves her to a new town and new school where she meets an unlikely female friend who is psychic at a start of school assembly.

She finds out that her parents were actually scientist and created her so shes only half human but her mom turned out to be bad. And she had to go to this facility where her mom and the other bad guys are. She kills the bad guys to get in the front door. She gets captured and put in a room where she can hear a boy in the room next door. She empathizes with him but then it turns out he was just a ploy by her mom to get her to cooperate.

I feel like there was supposed to be a second one but i never got to read it and now i want to find this series.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40678 comments Mod
Cammie, please add some plot details to your header since hundreds of members are also looking for YA fantasy/scifi. Your thread needs to stand out at one glance.

message 3: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Decker | 3 comments How do I edit it? I'm sorry, I'm new to this

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Cammie, I added some details from your description. If you'd like to edit or add anything, just click on (edit) next to the header title. (You have to do this from the desktop version, not the mobile.)

message 5: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Decker | 3 comments Oh okay. Thank you!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40678 comments Mod
Cammie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3290 comments This sounds like Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. She transforms every other day (hence the title), not at night, but otherwise it seems to match. The unlikley friend who's a bit psychic is called Skylar.