Oprah's Book Club (Official) discussion

Life at the Death House
This topic is about Life at the Death House
General > "Life at the Death House" -- Debut Novel :)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sean E.D. Kerr (seanedkerr) | 4 comments Hi Everyone,

My debut novel Life at the Death House is releasing on August 20th from NineStar Press, and I thought I'd share about it here. The novel is inspired by my experience doing chemotherapy at 18 years old even though it moved away from the topic, that was the inspiration.

I'd love a review or some comments on what people think. :)

It's on sale from Barnes & Noble right now (as it's release week). :)
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/life...

About the Book:
"The locals call it the Death House, but Carol and Marco designed the New Life House as a home for kids to live, safely removed from the stigmas and judgments of the outside world.

Seventeen-year-old Tyler arrives on the doorstep, hoping that he’s finally found a safe place to die. His arrival causes the other kids to question the futures they’ve been promised, and Carol and Marco must convince them there is life after diagnosis.

Even through struggles with addictions and questions of sexuality, the residents could come to believe in the possibility of living."

Thank you,

Sean

message 2: by Y'na (new)

Y'na (soulsistahbookworm) | 2 comments Congratulations Sean! Much success to you.

Sean E.D. Kerr (seanedkerr) | 4 comments Thank you, Y'na! :)

message 4: by T. (new)

T. Hudson (thudsonroberts) | 4 comments Congratulations! Great cover!

Sean E.D. Kerr (seanedkerr) | 4 comments Thank you, Timothy. :) I appreciate that. I love the cover, too. I feel like the artist did a fantastic job capturing the essence of the story. :)

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Beck | 47 comments Write On.....Congrats!!!!