What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance about widow who is hiding from rich husband's siblings who are after his fortune. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meagan (last edited Aug 17, 2018 10:52AM) (new)

Meagan Vestal | 1 comments Read this book about 8 years ago. My mother-in-law loaned it to me and then she donated it and I can't remember the name of it. SPOILERS

A woman who is slightly overweight learns her husband has died and is immediately whisked away by one of his employees. He takes her to an abandoned house in the middle of a small town where she lives in hiding from her husband's siblings. At some point I think she has a nose job to change her facial features a bit, and she loses the weight also. She learns her husband was adopted and that his siblings killed him for his fortune. She falls in love with a local as she learns about her late husband's mysterious childhood.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Meagan ~~

You can "bump" this thread every 30 days or so. This moves the thread back to the head of the folder instead of languishing back here on page 30. More people will see it, and a solution is more likely. Good luck!

message 4: by JE (new)

JE | 62 comments I read this. Great book. Sounds like mulberry tree. Hubby dies. While alive he sabotaged her diets so she was always plump. She never knew you could buy clothes from catalog. Employer helps her with nose job, move to inherited small home and buy clothes. Spoiler. I think it’s the local handyman she falls in love with. As she solves mystery she remembers when they met at a fair or carnival in her youth.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Mulberry Tree (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jude Deveraux (other topics)