The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2018 > Genre Verification

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5312 comments Mod
This thread is for "marking" a book genre. It is not for assigning genres - only for locking in genres that currently appear on the book's main page.

The verifications in this thread apply only to the Fall 2018 challenge - they do not carry over to future challenges and genre verifications from the past challenges do not carry forward - verifications are only applicable to the current challenge.

A book need only be verified once in the thread - then it can be used by any participant in the Fall 2018 challenge.

Please do not post task-specific questions here ("is this cover green enough?") and other such questions.

If you are planning to use a book for a genre task and fear that the genre may disappear, post a link to the book in this thread. We will not "lock in" the lack of a childrens or kids genre on the main page.

When you post your book, if the genres have changed, just link to the post in this thread in which it was verified and you'll be good to go.

Because of the volume of verification requests in this thread, I will not be trying to compile any sort of master lists. If the book you are using does not have the required genre at the time of posting, but has been verified in this thread, please link to the post in which it was verified in your completed task posting. If the book you are posting still has the genre on the main page, there is no need to refer to any posts here or in other help threads - if it's there on the main page, you're all set.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Wojtas | 245 comments Hi can I have Leaving the Wild: The Unnatural History of Dogs, Cats, Cows, and Horses as having Environment/Nature on the main page? It's at the bottom right now. Thanks!

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16687 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "Hi can I have Leaving the Wild: The Unnatural History of Dogs, Cats, Cows, and Horses as having Environment/Nature on the main page? It's at the bottom right now. Thanks!"

genre noted

message 4: by Dee (last edited Aug 21, 2018 07:57AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7887 comments The Summer of Us - travel - currently has 12ppl
The Amazing Adventures of Aaron Broom - mystery - 7ppl

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Dee wrote: "The Summer of Us - travel - currently has 12ppl
The Amazing Adventures of Aaron Broom - mystery - 7ppl"

both noted

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily | 718 comments Please confirm The Chalk Artist for Romance.

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Boston Kate wrote: "Please confirm The Chalk Artist for Romance."

noted

message 10: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) | 1530 comments Please verify - Beat the Reaper: A Novel as humor - 90 users

message 11: by Sandy (new)

Sue T wrote: "Please verify - Beat the Reaper: A Novel as humor - 90 users"

genre noted

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) | 1530 comments Sandy wrote: "Sue T wrote: "Please verify - Beat the Reaper: A Novel as humor - 90 users"

genre noted"

Thanks!

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Wayne wrote: "Please verify Poison At The Pueblo for Mystery"

genre noted

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Wayne wrote: "Please verify Everyday Drinking for Humor."

genre noted

message 15: by Sandy (new)

Wayne wrote: "Also please verify The Vinyl Cafe Notebooks for humor"

genre noted

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (watermelanie) | 124 comments Can I please get Mort verified for humor?

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Melanie wrote: "Can I please get Mort verified for humor?"

noted

message 18: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (watermelanie) | 124 comments Can I also get The Years of Rice and Salt verified for historical fiction?

message 19: by Sandy (new)

Melanie wrote: "Can I also get The Years of Rice and Salt verified for historical fiction?"

noted

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy | 959 comments Please verify Lands of Lost Borders: A Journey on the Silk Road for Travel

Thanks!

message 21: by Sandy (new)

Judy wrote: "Please verify Lands of Lost Borders: A Journey on the Silk Road for Travel

Thanks!"

noted

message 22: by Diane Whitney (new)

Diane Whitney | 570 comments There isn't a "general questions" folder for this season's challenge, I hope it's ok to ask my question here.

Task 25.5 has a 600 page requirement. The kindle book I've chosen to read has 166 pages but, the "format" of the other edition, which also has 166 pages, isn't included. Would a post with a link to a site that proves it's a PB edition be acceptable, like this:

Option 5: Read a book with a white car or with a car mirror on the cover.
Jigsaw Youth by Tiffany Scandal
PB edition - Jigsaw Youth = 166 pages
(format verification - https://www.allbookstores.com/Jigsaw-...)

Or do I need to ask librarian to add the format?

message 23: by Sandy (new)

Diane Whitney wrote: "There isn't a "general questions" folder for this season's challenge, I hope it's ok to ask my question here.

Task 25.5 has a 600 page requirement. The kindle book I've chosen to read has 166 page..."

We only go by what’s on goodreads; so you’ll need to get this info added.
I’m out of town and can’t set up a thread right now, but we’ll get it up .

message 24: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Can I please have:
My Plain Jane,
Circe, and
The Paying Guests
verified for Historical Fiction?

Please and thank you!

message 25: by Sandy (new)

Sally wrote: "Can I please have:
My Plain Jane,
Circe, and
The Paying Guests
verified for Historical Fiction?

Please and thank you!"

All noted

message 26: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2161 comments Please verify The Little Lady Agency in the Big Apple for Romance (it is the bottom genre on the main page listing) thanks!

message 27: by Sandy (new)

Deedee wrote: "Please verify The Little Lady Agency in the Big Apple for Romance (it is the bottom genre on the main page listing) thanks!"

genre noted

message 28: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) | 1530 comments Please verify White Rose, Black Forest as WWII - it's down towards the bottom. Thanks

message 29: by Sandy (new)

Sue T wrote: "Please verify White Rose, Black Forest as WWII - it's down towards the bottom. Thanks"

genre noted

message 30: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1420 comments Please verify The Plot Is Murder for Cozy Mystery. Thanks!

message 31: by Sandy (new)

Amy wrote: "Please verify The Plot Is Murder for Cozy Mystery. Thanks!"

genre noted

message 32: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenia) | 754 comments Can I get Rich People Problems verifed for MPG Humor? Thanks!

message 33: by Sandy (new)

Kristen wrote: "Can I get Rich People Problems verifed for MPG Humor? Thanks!"

noted

message 34: by Christine (new)

Christine | 766 comments Please verify Fear: Trump in the White House for Biography. Thanks!

message 35: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1792 comments I would like to have The Overstory verified for MPG nature, please.

message 36: by Sandy (new)

Christine wrote: "Please verify Fear: Trump in the White House for Biography. Thanks!"

noted

message 37: by Sandy (new)

Karen Michele wrote: "I would like to have The Overstory verified for MPG nature, please."

genre Environment>Nature noted

message 38: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2161 comments Please verify Welcome to Night Vale for MPG Humor (it's the bottom genre at present) Thanks!

message 39: by Sandy (new)

Deedee wrote: "Please verify Welcome to Night Vale for MPG Humor (it's the bottom genre at present) Thanks!"

genre noted

message 40: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1792 comments I'd like to verify Britt-Marie Was Here for the MPG humor, please.

message 41: by Sandy (new)

Karen Michele wrote: "I'd like to verify Britt-Marie Was Here for the MPG humor, please."

genre noted

message 42: by Judy (new)

Judy | 959 comments Please verify Dim Sum of All Fears for Mystery>Cozy Mystery

Thanks!

message 43: by Sandy (new)

Judy wrote: "Please verify Dim Sum of All Fears for Mystery>Cozy Mystery

Thanks!"

genre noted

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (balletbookworm) | 952 comments Hi, could I get I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life verified for Autobiography? Thanks!

message 45: by Sandy (new)

Melissa wrote: "Hi, could I get I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life verified for Autobiography? Thanks!"

genre noted

message 47: by Sandy (new)

Brooke wrote: "Can I get Selfish, Shallow, and Self-Absorbed: Sixteen Writers on The Decision Not To Have Kids verified for Autobiography?"

genre noted

message 49: by Sandy (new)

Marie (UK) wrote: "Please can you verify Overtime: Introducing the greatest performer of all time and a half for Humor thanks"

genre noted

message 50: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (balletbookworm) | 952 comments Could I have This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare verified for humor? THanks! :)

« previous 1