Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Outlander Season 4 is back November 4!!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I just saw that Outlander season 4 finally got a premiere date: November 4th! No better way to kick off my birthday than to have brunch with girlfriends and watch our favorite show :)

I know we have several Outlander fans here and I cannot wait to resume our weekly debriefs!

message 2: by annapi (last edited Aug 17, 2018 10:50AM) (new)

annapi | 5157 comments My mom visited me from the Philippines last month, and when she first arrived she was bored and looking for something new to watch, so I introduced her to Outlander, and she was immediately hooked. We watched about 4 episodes before she had to leave the next day to stay with her sister in San Diego for about a month. She came back here to stay with me for a week before leaving for the Philippines.

When she came back here, she was eager to continue the series, as my aunt does not have Starz. So we binge-watched all 3 seasons, managing to get the last episodes in the day before she left. We are both excitedly waiting for season 4, though unfortunately for her she does not have Starz back home either, so she will have to wait to see it when she comes visiting me again! And this time I will keep the recordings on my DVR, because watching it on demand is a pain! Hehehe, and on the plane back home she started on the book.

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Hahahaha! I love it!

I am reading the fifth book now and have big plans for it this evening 😀

message 4: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 805 comments I’m driving myself around Scotland and I’m coming across Outlander memorabilia everywhere - even visited Castle Doune which was a film set. I finally caved in - next audiobook is the first volume of the saga...

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Ahh! You are going to listen to it in Scotland?! That is almost too much for my little heart.

Are you on vacation? I cannot remember where you live...

message 6: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 805 comments Yes - I’m on vacation - the Highlands have been on my bucket list forever - I’m having a great trip. Tomorrow I’ll be taking the ferry to the Isle of Lewis, which I’ve wanted to visit since reading Peter May.

message 7: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Have a fabulous time!!!

message 8: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 805 comments Thanks!

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6396 comments YES!!!!!!!!! I'm putting it on my calendar so I don't forget.

Finished Book Five last month. It's what got me to finally break down and get an audible subscription.

message 10: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments The sheer size of book 5 is daunting! But, after a bit of a slow start, it is picking up.

message 11: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 9058 comments Nicole R wrote: "I just saw that Outlander season 4 finally got a premiere date: November 4th! No better way to kick off my birthday than to have brunch with girlfriends and watch our favorite show :)

I know we ha..."

Well, happy birthday to you on that date!

I will have to confirm that it will air for me on the same days/dates as in the US, and I think I've already reminded myself which channel it will air on for me! :-)

message 12: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 9058 comments Sushicat wrote: "Yes - I’m on vacation - the Highlands have been on my bucket list forever - I’m having a great trip. Tomorrow I’ll be taking the ferry to the Isle of Lewis, which I’ve wanted to visit since reading..."

Ooooh, fun!

message 13: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5157 comments I'm green with envy! I would love to see Scotland!

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9348 comments My friend did the official Highlander tour with an extra from the show that showed them around. They gout to joust, wear kilts, sword fight - the whole nine. She loved it! I saw the video - priceless!

message 15: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 805 comments I saw the option in a couple of places to wear historical costumes, but no jousting or swordplay... That must have been fun.