What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Man goes into a bar/cafe, falls down with a stroke(?), can only move his eyes, eventually waitress calls for ambulance. Possibly American author.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kjell (last edited Aug 19, 2018 03:28AM) (new)

Kjell | 1 comments this man goes in to a bar or café and then fell down on the floor with stroke or like. He can only move his eyes. At first nobody reacts, after a while the waitress becomes aware that he is ill and calling for ambulance.

I read the beginning of this book in a summer cottage in Norway about year 1997. Next time I visit the cottage somebody had removed the book.

I am not sure of the tone - maybe somber.

The location - maybe a shabby bar/cafe because the people there
thought the man was drunk or something.

I read this in a book in norwegian translation, it was four books summaries in this book from DET BESTES BØKER, norwegian Reader's Digest condensed books.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36516 comments Mod
Kjell, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

What's the genre or tone - mystery, thriller, sad/somber, etc.?

What's the location - country, region, big city/small town?

Can you tell us more about the man - his age, job/skills/interests, family/friends, personality, etc.? Why was he going to the bar/cafe? (Spoilers are okay - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40603 comments Mod
Kjell, are you still looking for this or did you find it?