What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult story of wife given a set of keys to her husband's house but warned not to open one door

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie (lisaduchessg) | 198 comments Hi Im looking for a adult novel about a woman who married a man. I tjink he treated her well enough amd he gave her the keys to every room in his house but warned her not to open one room. For a while she obeys but one day she does and he finds out. I think he starts punishing her and ties her up and she changes. I read this book maybe about 6 years or 4 years ago but it was released before then. I think if was part of a collection of stories. If anyone can be of assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

message 2: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Well that's the bluebeard fairytale in a nutshell. So you might try checking out this list and seeing if anything looks familiar.
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7...

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie (lisaduchessg) | 198 comments Hi thanks for your response. I checked out the list already but didn't fond the book i was looking for.

message 4: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Hmm, when you say adult, do you just mean adult as in for grown-ups or something with explicit details like romance/erotica?
I know there's at least one or two stories with a Bluebeard theme in the fairytale collections by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling. But I don't remember which ones they're in.
Ruby Slippers, Golden Tears
Snow White, Blood Red
Black Swan, White Raven
Black Heart, Ivory Bones
Silver Birch, Blood Moon
Black Thorn, White Rose
Do any of those look familiar?

message 5: by Shandra (new)

Shandra | 13 comments If you're looking for an "adult" version of this, Selena Kitt did it in her Modern Wicked Fairy Tales. Modern Wicked Fairy Tales: The Complete Collection is the complete collection, but the story is sold individually.

message 6: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Hogan | 32 comments Maybe The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter?

message 7: by Glastänzerin (new)

Glastänzerin | 43 comments It sounds kind of like the faurytale of Bluebeard...

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Marie, are you still looking for this book or did you find it?