Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to read YA, Thrillers, & Sci-fi

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Burton (goodreadscomdcburtonjr) | 16 comments Hi,
I'm looking for a Beta Reader for a revised edition of a psychological thriller, Fear Killer.
It's a bit graphic in a few scenes if that's a concern.
You can email me at dcburtonjr@gmail.com or reply here.
Thanks for considering Fear Killer.
Cheers.

A cautionary tale, the psychological suspense novel Fear Killer is the story of Emily Perrit, a beautiful but timid young woman victimized by an abusive, adulterous husband. When Emily is attacked by an intruder in her home, she surprises herself by fighting off and finally killing the man. Seeing the fear in his dying eyes, something snaps inside her. She has never made anybody afraid before. She is no longer willing to be a victim. Her need to see that fear again soon becomes an obsession, with deadly consequences.
A Female Detective, Martha Newton, helps her as a victim as she hunts her as a killer.

reply | edit | delete | flag *

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Spaggiari (abigailspaggiari) | 1 comments HI Lydia,

My name is Abigail and I am looking for a bata reader to do some line editing and give me some feedback to help tighten and strengthen my story. Here's a little summary of my book.

Set in the far distant future, the Kenari Senate oversees our galaxy as peacekeepers and intermediaries. Among them is Jade Kessler. Tall, redheaded, and quick-tempered, she’s one of the Ivory Citadel's top students. Unlike her counterparts, young Kessler posses a unique ability that has put a target on her back for a reason of which she is unaware. Now she must take the journey of a lifetime to discover why she is so highly sought after, as well as learn a little more about herself than she realized.

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon | 8 comments Hi, Lydia

Would you beta read children's lit for me? I have 5 stories for a combined 10K words that will go into 1 book. They are for small children up to age 9. Thank you in advance.
-Jon

message 4: by Gerard (new)

Gerard O'Neill | 74 comments Hi Lydia,

I have a slightly edgy YA science fiction novel of about 52K words (or 230 pages approx). It has had a preliminary edit, so is good to go. The protagonist is a 15-year-old (becomes a 16-year-old) girl. 

Synopsis: ‘In 2050, Atoma went to high school like most other kids her age in Chicago. She had a mom and dad. and she had a younger sister and brother. That was before an interstate cargo flight sliced off the tail of her school shuttle. She wakes in hospital to find out she's not legally human. She's a zero… Now she's on the run from the Guardians, the world police force. But they are not the only ones chasing after her. A secretive research facility wants to make her an offer she should not refuse.’

Gerard

message 5: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 128 comments Hi Lydia (and everyone else).

I’m currently looking for beta readers for my completed manuscript and I came across your post. It’s a sci-fi thriller with a noir edge, currently sitting at around 100,000 words. Here is a (very) rough blurb:

In the not-to-distant future, privacy is a thing of the past. Our lives are monitored and recorded by implants and watched by an all-seeing eye—a government agency called NEXUS.
While some fear the Network, others have found a way to use it to their advantage; one of these people is Nasir Khan. Khan is a private investigator and hacker, and he’ll break into the Network and the feeds direct from people’s implants, for a price.
He’s used to trouble. Everyday he deals with clients looking for missing wives, stolen money, a cheating husband. But when a client calling themselves only “Anonymous” contacts him, things get interesting.
What starts off as just another job soon becomes a murder coverup involving a former government bigwig, mysterious hit men, and a former politician who could be a damsel in distress and could be a femme fatale. And the worst part is, they all have some unknown link to NEXUS.
The question isn’t can Khan use his wits to solve the case, but does he have what it takes to survive.

If that sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with a direct message. This is only the first draft of my script, so I’m only looking for bigger picture fixes on plot and pacing at this stage.

I'm also available to be a critique partner or beta swapper. So if anyone else sees this and is interested then feel free to get in touch. I’m interested in most genres. My favourites are sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. The only genres I don’t feel I can give accurate feedback on are romance stories, erotica, and historical fiction, as I’m not a big reader of any of these. Although fiction with a historical backdrop where historical accuracy isn’t paramount, I can provide feedback on, no problem.

Thanks everyone. I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,

Kirk.