The Happily Ever Afters discussion

September - Good Luck with That > Spoilers - Good Luck With That

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 154 comments Mod
Don't forget to use spoiler tags - but this is the spoiler section anyway, so let's discuss!

message 2: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 10 comments Read 2 chapters. So sad!

message 3: by Jen (new)

Anybody started this yet? I'm holding off until probably about the 15th so I can have it relatively fresh in my mind. It's difficult - I love Kristan Higgins and can't wait to get started listening!

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 10 comments I am 4 chapters in and enjoying it so far!

message 5: by Michael (last edited Sep 08, 2018 09:23PM) (new)

Michael (triplettml) | 12 comments I enjoyed the Colleen Hoover book, but I like this more. The chapters with the spa had me laughing. (view spoiler)

I can't wait to see where this story goes. I will probably read some more Kristan Higgins books.

--Michael

message 6: by Renee (new)

Renee | 2 comments Really enjoying this book. It’s a fast read and I love the funny parts strewn through the story to lighten the story.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (triplettml) | 12 comments I just finished it!

There didn’t seem to be much of a plot and the ending was wrapped up a little too neatly, but I enjoyed the humor interspersed throughout the book. There were moments I actually lol’ed. It was good to just hear the characters tell us their life’s story, and I’ll probably read it again this month. I enjoyed this novel much more than I thought I would.

So far, this is my favorite from the book club.

—Michael

message 8: by Jen (new)

I'm going to start this now (the 12th) - getting ahead of myself as usual. I'm anxious to discuss!

message 9: by Jen (new)

Whoa. This is some serious, thought -provoking stuff. And sad!

message 10: by Renee (new)

Renee | 2 comments So glad I read this book, I went into it not knowing anything about it. I think Kristan Higgins did such a good job telling each persons story and I really loved each character. I’m happy with the outcome of the book but I definitely thought it was rushed toward the end. I wanted more details!! 4.5 stars

message 11: by Jen (new)

Although I read the audiobook, I just picked up a copy of the paperback today. It has discussion questions in the back! Thank you KH! The live show is going to be really good on this one, you guys.

message 12: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Jordan (bkjordan) | 1 comments I lost count of how many times this book made me cry. Sad tears, happy tears...all the feels. I love it when a book takes me where I want to go!

message 13: by Addie Dehart (new)

Addie Dehart | 8 comments I just finished it. I really loved the characters, particularly Marley. I also enjoyed the humor. I usually find book humor falls flat for me, but this one didn't. I agree with Michael that the ending was a little too neat, particularly with Georgia. But that being said the great characters definitely offset any slight negatives I had with the book.

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) | 33 comments Mod
wow I'm so happy that most of you loved this book. Looking forward to discussing my thoughts with all of you on Sunday.

message 15: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Quinn | 3 comments I think I'm going to be in the minority here, but the book was just okay for me. I adored Marley, Mason, Rafe, Dante, etc., but was just neutral about Georgia. I despised several characters, which I know was done on purpose, so that was fine. I enjoyed the last 75 pages or so the most, it just felt like it took a LONG time to get there, and it wasn't that long of a book. It just felt like it for me.

The "Other Emerson" parts did nothing for me. I just didn't connect with her at all, and I'm not sure why. Those parts could have been removed from the book completely and I wouldn't have missed them at all, or, I feel, missed much of the main storyline.

The "theme" or main subject of this book is one near and dear to my heart, so I thought I would find it very emotional and would love it, and I just didn't. I teared up a little near the end in one spot, but that was it, and I'm usually one of the first people to tear up with emotional reads! I don't know what happened, but while it was good, it wasn't great for me.

I gave it 3.5 stars, and without the stronger last part of the book, it would not have gone above 3 for me.

message 16: by Jen (new)

Shannon wrote: "I think I'm going to be in the minority here, but the book was just okay for me. I adored Marley, Mason, Rafe, Dante, etc., but was just neutral about Georgia. I despised several characters, which ..."

I'll trade you this one for Evelyn Hugo - heh heh heh - xoxox