I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for September Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 581 comments Mod
What trade should we read together for our September Comic Book of the Month? Nominate your pick here!

This month's theme is "non-fiction or memoir genre".

Titles nominated this month must in the non-fiction or memoir genre. If you have any questions or concerns, please send a message to mod Kate, who is happy to help. You can find the complete 2018 theme calendar here.

Remember:
- Nominated titles must be TPB comics or original graphic novels.
- Only the first volume of a series may be nominated, unless the group has already read the previous volume(s) as a book of the month. To see what we've read, check out our group's bookshelf.
- Nominated titles cannot have the same writer as the previous month's BotM winner. This month, that's Marguerite Bennett.
- Nominated titles must fit the month's theme. To see past and upcoming themes, check out the 2018 theme calendar.
- Only one nomination per person.
- You can "second" a nomination in place of nominating a different book, but this will count as your nomination for the month. Seconded books will receive an additional chance of being selected in the randomization process.
- If a title you nominate wins BotM, please refrain from nominating another title for one month to give others a chance.

Nomination & Voting Schedule:
To better accommodate our increasing number of members, the nomination and voting schedule is as follows every month:

16th: Nomination forum opens
23rd: Nomination forum closes; 5 nominations are selected at random; Voting opens
30th: Voting closes

More details on our updated nomination and voting procedures can be found here.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Gordon I think Maus by Art Spiegelman is nonfiction, or possibly fiction inspired by true events. If someone can corroborate that it is nonfiction, I'd nominate that.

message 3: by Vojtěch (new)

Vojtěch Rabyniuk | 10 comments NIck Cave: Mercy on me

message 4: by Axel (new)

Axel | 15 comments I may be crossing a line here, especially since there's no English translation, but I nominate Snarl of The Wolf: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 5: by Václav (new)

Václav (vasaxter) Crécy by Warren Ellis

message 6: by Beantown (new)

Beantown Nerd (beantownnerd) | 12 comments Smile by Raina Telegemeier

message 7: by Kate (new)

Chris wrote: "I think Maus by Art Spiegelman is nonfiction, or possibly fiction inspired by true events. If someone can corroborate that it is nonfiction, I'd nominate that."

It is nonfiction.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Axel wrote: "I may be crossing a line here, especially since there's no English translation, but I nominate Snarl of The Wolf: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2..."

It does need to have an English translation, unfortunately. Is there something else you'd like to nominate?

message 11: by Axel (new)

Axel | 15 comments I do have one comic book on "life in publishing": https://www.frankmadsen.dk/2016/04/19...

This one is definitely crossing the line.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel March by John Lewis

message 13: by Robert (new)

Robert | 46 comments This Johnny Cash biography is pretty cool.
CASH - I see a darkness
Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness

message 14: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 265 comments Andre the Giant: Life and Legend - Wrestling and Comics please!!!

message 15: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 641 comments Mod
Daniel wrote: "Andre the Giant: Life and Legend - Wrestling and Comics please!!!"

YOU STOLE MY NOM!!!!

message 16: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 265 comments It just means this will have 2 guaranteed votes if it makes the nomination lol

message 17: by Phil (new)

Phil | 169 comments I'll second The Fifth Beatle.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.