Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1)
This topic is about The Poppy War
Previous BOMs - Authors; I - L > The Poppy War, by R.R. Kuang (September Adult BOM) starts September 2, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new) - added it

Moderators of NBRC | 31610 comments Mod

Synopsis
When Rin aced the Keju, the Empire-wide test to find the most talented youth to learn at the Academies, it was a shock to everyone: to the test officials, who couldn’t believe a war orphan from Rooster Province could pass without cheating; to Rin’s guardians, who believed they’d finally be able to marry her off and further their criminal enterprise; and to Rin herself, who realized she was finally free of the servitude and despair that had made up her daily existence. That she got into Sinegard, the most elite military school in Nikan, was even more surprising.

But surprises aren’t always good.

Because being a dark-skinned peasant girl from the south is not an easy thing at Sinegard. Targeted from the outset by rival classmates for her color, poverty, and gender, Rin discovers she possesses a lethal, unearthly power—an aptitude for the nearly-mythical art of shamanism. Exploring the depths of her gift with the help of a seemingly insane teacher and psychoactive substances, Rin learns that gods long thought dead are very much alive—and that mastering control over those powers could mean more than just surviving school.

For while the Nikara Empire is at peace, the Federation of Mugen still lurks across a narrow sea. The militarily advanced Federation occupied Nikan for decades after the First Poppy War, and only barely lost the continent in the Second. And while most of the people are complacent to go about their lives, a few are aware that a Third Poppy War is just a spark away . . .

Rin’s shamanic powers may be the only way to save her people. But as she finds out more about the god that has chosen her, the vengeful Phoenix, she fears that winning the war may cost her humanity . . . and that it may already be too late.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new) - added it

What is a BOM (Book of the Month)?

At NRBC we use a more structured approach to our BOMs. We have a discussion leader and a reading date is set to start the book. A reading schedule is posted prior to the start date and discussion questions are posted each day regarding that section of the book.

More info under spoiler
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 04, 2018 02:39PM) (new) - added it

Chapter Breakdown

Date Chapters % MPQDs

2&3Sept 1-5 20% Imke
4&5Sept 6-9 41% Geri
6&7Sept 10-14 61% Geri
8&9Sept 15-21 80% Victoria
10&11Sept 22-end 100% Cat

* chapter breakdown is based on the kindle version The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new) - added it

Ruby Coin Book of the Month ~ Ruby Coin Ruby Coin

How to Earn:
Ruby Coin 1 Ruby Coin for half DQ participation
Ruby Coin 1 Ruby Coin for Writing Disscussion Questions
Ruby Coin 1 Ruby Coin for completing ALL days DQs within month of BOM start
Example of ways to Earn Ruby Coins: (view spoiler)

Learn about Gem coins here

Geri | 2042 comments I bought this months ago. Good time to actually read it! LOL The first set of DQs falls on a holiday weekend for me. I am happy to do the second set of DQs. Looking forward to finally reading this!

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments I'm in and volunteer to write questions.

message 7: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10630 comments Cool!

Imke are you okay with doing first set?

message 8: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat (cat_uk) | 7524 comments Mod
I'd be good with doing the last set

message 9: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new) - added it

Cat wrote: "I'd be good with doing the last set"

Nice... will add you to the schedule

~S

Victoria | 1132 comments Can't wait to start this one! I can do write for the second to last set (Ch 15-21)

Figured I'd volunteer since it's the book I suggested lol

Sunny (sunnyisreading) | 340 comments I can't wait to start reading this! I've heard really good things about it.

Itsmeehqueen (birthright) | 24 comments First time to join in this group and also first time to read this kind of genre. I hope I can follow...little bit scared but am so excited.

Ashley (theashoxford) | 29 comments Great timing! I am about halfway through The Poppy War now and will enjoy reading everyone's thoughts till September 6th when I can jump in the convo :)

Victoria | 1132 comments I started and was really enjoying it up till the moment I spilled tea all over a page - now I’m just staring at it, willing it to dry

message 15: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments I have started the book. Really enjoying it!

message 16: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Victoria wrote: "I started and was really enjoying it up till the moment I spilled tea all over a page - now I’m just staring at it, willing it to dry"

Oooops! Hope it dries quickly!

Victoria | 1132 comments It dried and i now have a few crinkly pages :( just goes to show I can’t be trusted to drink anything near a book - I say that as I pour myself a glass of red wine and settle down to read again ;)

message 18: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Just don’t get in the bath with it!

Sunny (sunnyisreading) | 340 comments I read the first 5 chapters and this book is so good and so captivating! I can't wait for more.

message 20: by Imke (new) - rated it 5 stars

Imke (immie75) | 1642 comments DQ's 2-3 September, chapters 1-5

1. How do you like this book so far? Do you like the world the author has set? I liked how in the first chapter we got the history and cultural lesson alongside Rin while she was studying for her exam. Do you like the pace the author has set (to me the story has a good pace)?

2. What do you think of Rin, do you like her? What is your favorite character trade of hers and what is your least favorite. I like that she perseveres and doesn't give up when everything seems to be against her. What I don't like is that she is impulsive like with taking the whomb shrinking potion after her first period, she.

3. What is your impression of the school and its teachers? Do you think Rin is getting a fair treatment, it looks to me that they only want to teach students from the upper classes.

4. I'm intrigued by Altan, will we get to know him better?

Victoria | 1132 comments DQ's 2-3 September, chapters 1-5

1. How do you like this book so far? Do you like the world the author has set? I liked how in the first chapter we got the history and cultural lesson alongside Rin while she was studying for her exam. Do you like the pace the author has set (to me the story has a good pace)?

I also liked learning the history, especially since it didn't feel like an info dump. I also imagine we'll be learning more history as the story moves on. And I also like the pace of the story, it's been easy to become absorbed in the story.

2. What do you think of Rin, do you like her? What is your favorite character trade of hers and what is your least favorite. I like that she perseveres and doesn't give up when everything seems to be against her. What I don't like is that she is impulsive like with taking the whomb shrinking potion after her first period, she.
I really like RIn and her determination to get out of her town and live her own life. I like how dedicated she is to her studies, but I kept thinking that is so not me! haha I was always terrible about studying in school, but I hope if I needed to get out of the life she would have ended up in that I would have been just as dedicated.

I did have an issue with her destroying her womb, not so much the procedure itself or the reason behind it, but because it was too impulsive and I always get irritated when girls say they can't do something because they're on their period. Yeah, sometimes it's complete shit and I want to curl up with in bed all day, but life moves on and us ladies are perfectly capable of exercising, learning martial arts, studying, camping with no bathrooms, etc, etc, all on our bloody periods! Sorry, beginning to rant there, just have known too many girls over the years who were overly dramatic during that time of the month and felt like Rin was being the same.

3. What is your impression of the school and its teachers? Do you think Rin is getting a fair treatment, it looks to me that they only want to teach students from the upper classes.
School certainly isn't fair for Rin, partly due to the prejudice against her being a peasant, but also because of how far behind she is intellectually and physically since as a peasant she did not receive the education the other from wealthy families have received. But, our Rin is a hard worker and not about to let that stop her! And apart from Jun, I don't think the other teachers actively hate her.

He's definitely mysterious! I want to know if he'll end up being a friend or enemy to Rin. I also have a feeling the Speerling race will also have more significance to the plot later on.

message 22: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments 1. How do you like this book so far? Do you like the world the author has set? I liked how in the first chapter we got the history and cultural lesson alongside Rin while she was studying for her exam. Do you like the pace the author has set (to me the story has a good pace)?

I am really enjoying this book! It is nicely paced. This book reminds me a bit of Harry Potter. Probably because it is set in a school and Rin is the underdog. And there will likely be some magical/fantasy elements to the book.

I definitely like her drive to better herself even though she hasn’t had the advantages that many of her classmates do. But I do think she puts crazy pressure on herself! A good example is the treatment she took to stop her period.

It was definitely not fair of her combat instructor to not allow her to take his class. But I do think other instructors are treating her more fairly. This is a tough school. But Rin still needs to prove she can do the work.

I hope so! Because I think he will hold the key to some revelations. I hope we get to know more about Altan and his relationship with the lore master.

Brigia | 105 comments DQ's 2-3 September, chapters 1-5

I really like all about it so far.

I like her, too. I empathize with her wanting to get out of that marriage and I like her believing in herself. I'm disturbed by her willingness to hurt herself, she seems to go too far with that. Sometimes it looks like she lacks basic emotions. I also hope that she developes a bit more empathy - the whole flooding the valley idea seemed a bit cruel.

The school set-up really reminds me of The Name of the Wind, including the mad teacher and the whole apprenticeship-thing. I think the Strategy-teacher seems to be fair, but the martial combats teacher is quite biased.

I'm sure we will.

message 24: by Sunny (last edited Sep 03, 2018 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sunny (sunnyisreading) | 340 comments Discussion questions: Chapters 1-5, September 3rd.

So far, I find this book really intriguing and it feels different from what I usually read, which is a plus. I love the world, I think it is so unique, and I really like the writing style of the author. Also, the pace feels just right, and I enjoyed the first 5 chapters quite a lot.

2. What do you think of Rin, do you like her? What is your favorite character trade of hers and what is your least favorite? I like that she perseveres and doesn't give up when everything seems to be against her. What I don't like is that she is impulsive like with taking the womb shrinking potion after her first period, she.
So far, Rin has really grown on me. I love how stubborn she is and how willing she is to risk pretty much everything without really knowing what she was getting into. She's very success driven, and although she is really young, she poses like a really strong character. About the womb shrinking thing, I didn't see this that much as impulsive, but her doing something that she was 100% sure would help her secure a path to finishing the Trials without getting thrown out of school. Yes, she is impulsive, but I think that is also another thing that makes her this interesting and fun to read.

Let's face it, the school she landed into is, like she said, made for upper classes. I feel like some teachers are fair and don't make that much difference involving her, but of course, the combat master wasn't fair at all, which we could all probably see. Her skin is darker than that of other girls in the school, she is a 'peasant', she is just slowly starting to realize how many things are wrong with the system. I wouldn't be surprised even if she runs into even more trouble at school just because of how she is.

I sure hope we will! Rin has definitely chosen him as some sort of an inspirational figure to her and I think they are bound to meet sooner or later, right?

message 25: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Is anyone up for doing discussion questions for set 3 or 4? I can probably do another set. But I wanted to give everyone a chance to write some too.

message 26: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Victoria volunteered for #4, I think.

Victoria | 1132 comments Yep, I can do the 4th set of DQs

Crystal (Crystal_reads_) It is to late to join? I just bought the book and started reading it

message 29: by Rick (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rick Brose (headrollsoff) 1. How do you like this book so far? Do you like the world the author has set? I liked how in the first chapter we got the history and cultural lesson alongside Rin while she was studying for her exam. Do you like the pace the author has set (to me the story has a good pace)?

So far, I am enjoying the book a lot. I think the pace is great. I have not felt like it has dragged at all, and I feel eager to see what happens next. Usually it is not until the middle of a book when things start to drag, but I am hopeful that this one will not.

I also think the world is well crafted. The history feels real, the different people are well defined, and I am able to understand the perspective of the characters. Solid story telling and craft all around so far.

My only major complaint so far is the use of self harm that Rin uses to succeed. It is a dangerous message to put out there, and one that is not needed to make us believe Rin can make it.

2. What do you think of Rin, do you like her? What is your favorite character trait of hers and what is your least favorite. I like that she perseveres and doesn't give up when everything seems to be against her. What I don't like is that she is impulsive like with taking the womb shrinking potion after her first period, she.

I like Rin. I think like a lot of main characters, there are aspects of her that feel overblown or convenient. It bugs me mostly when dealing with her studying, and her ability to memorize things so quickly. It feels a little far fetched, and I think I would have bought into her doing well just from her work ethic. My favorite thing about Rin is the fact that she is an underdog that refuses to give up.

I like the setup of the school. It feels lived in and well thought out. The focus of that particular school makes sense. There are a few mysteries that I will eventually need solid answers to (i.e. why the lore teacher is kept around at all), but for now I am satisfied.

There is no question that Rin is treated unfairly. But in all honesty, that can be life sometimes, and it does not seem far fetched. I definitely see parallels to the world today.

I struggle with Altan as a character. He is obviously set up to be this inspiring figure in the school, but at the same time there is a lot of racist talk around him. The purpose of him as a character feels muddled right now. I think that is going to clear up over time. If it does not, then I will have a problem. It is too early on for me to make a firm judgment yet though.

message 30: by Heather (last edited Sep 04, 2018 10:55AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Heather Brose (boyscrangl) 1. How do you like this book so far? Do you like the world the author has set? I liked how in the first chapter we got the history and cultural lesson alongside Rin while she was studying for her exam. Do you like the pace the author has set (to me the story has a good pace)?

I am enjoying the book so far. It's always interesting to learn about the history of people, especially when it is so different from what we personally know. I am excited to see how this experience will shape her as a person as well as how her own resiliency has helped her get to where she is. I think the pace is good so far.

2. What do you think of Rin, do you like her? What is your favorite character trait of hers and what is your least favorite. I like that she perseveres and doesn't give up when everything seems to be against her. What I don't like is that she is impulsive like with taking the womb shrinking potion after her first period, she.

I definitely like Rin. There are a lot of relatable things to her character. I love a book with a strong female lead and you know from the get go that she is strong willed, open about her feelings/opinons, and she will do anything to have that opportunity of a better life.

I love that she is outspoken. It takes a lot for a woman to say how she feels, when she's not being treated right, or when she has a thought/idea that people actually listen and understand her logic behind it.

Personally, I didn't feel that she was impulsive with her decision. She knew what she wanted from the start. She is willing to do anything to reach that goal. It's very extreme but she made her own decision and I find that very courageous. She doesn't need to be a mother to find her worth when she could be a lot more than that. Not all women want to have kids.

I can't really think of anything I don't like about her.

I think the school is a lot like other elitist schools out there. It's a completely different culture, but the underlying prejudice against those who do not fall under the elite/popular/rich/privately educated, etc categories is still there.

She definitely is not getting treated fairly but it's only more fuel for her fire. I am happy that she is not letting it get to her. Its extreme what she is doing and that is a little scary (maybe that is one thing that makes me nervous about her) but if she wants to stay in the school and catch up it's going to take a lot of work. It's not that different from overnighters that college kids pull, taking Adderall and other performance stimulating drugs, etc.

I am sure they are going to flush out his character more. I have my own feelings/theories that she has a connection to him.

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Crystal wrote: "It is to late to join? I just bought the book and started reading it"

It's never too late to join! Enjoy, Crystal. I've enjoyed what I 've read so far!

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Victoria wrote: "Yep, I can do the 4th set of DQs"

Thanks Victoria! Myself or one of the other mods will add you to the list next time we are on the moderator account!

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Geri wrote: "Is anyone up for doing discussion questions for set 3 or 4? I can probably do another set. But I wanted to give everyone a chance to write some too."

If no one else claims that other set do you want it, Geri?

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments DQ's 2-3 September, chapters 1-5

I'm really enjoying the book so far; I like the pace, history and action. I wasn't so sure I would like this book when I started it ( or read the synopsis- goes to show "never judge a book by its cover")

There are times I really like Rin but then at times she does annoy me. I think my favorite character trait of Rin's is her determination and perseverance. A few people have touched on her period and removing her womb. I also thought it was a bit extreme. It was her first period and she was totally unprepared; who's to say the next one would have knocked her for the same loop.
I agree with Imke; Rin is definitely impulsive and rash!

I don't think Rin is getting a fair treatment from the teachers or classmates but its certainly driving her to strive better. It certainly would be an interesting/intriguing school to attend.

I've read ahead so know the answer to this question; but I would have said "hopefully" as the less one tends to know about someone the more they want to know.

Victoria | 1132 comments Rick wrote: "1. How do you like this book so far? Do you like the world the author has set? I liked how in the first chapter we got the history and cultural lesson alongside Rin while she was studying for her e..."

I agree that her studying and ability to memorize things so quickly is a little far fetched. Not that it's impossible, but thinking of how many hours there are in a day and everything she needs to learn, not to mention how not sleeping is unhealthy and likely to make things worse in the long run. So kinda wish the author had toned down some of that, but it does do a good job at describing her character and the lengths she'll take to get what she wants.

Victoria | 1132 comments Brigia wrote: "DQ's 2-3 September, chapters 1-5

1. How do you like this book so far? Do you like the world the author has set? I liked how in the first chapter we got the history and cultural lesson alongside Ri..."

I nearly forgot about the flooding of the valley strategy. I do wonder if in the future she'll make a decision like that or if it's just something she'd suggest in a classroom setting.

I'm also a little disturbed by her willingness to hurt herself and wonder if that's something she'll continue doing throughout her life

message 37: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

1. How do you like this book so far? Do you like the world the author has set? Do you like the pace the author has set (to me the story has a good pace)?

I'm enjoying it a lot! The pace is good, and it's working well of giving us information about the world linked to Rin's own knowledge expanding.

2. What do you think of Rin, do you like her? What is your favourite character trade of hers and what is your least favourite.

Impulsive is definitely the word for her! But also she's got this fierce determination & stubbornness. I wished that she was a bit more bendable, to have a better circle of friends - she was tolerated before she embarrassed Nezha with that kick to the balls.

The set up is more than somewhat wonky - if there's a minimum standard expected on the physical side then why wasn't that tested as well? And why don't the other schools that recruit from the test have scholarship places? Very stratified society at work...

I should think! Chekov's Rule, innit - don't show the gun / intriguing stud if you don't plan to use it later!

message 38: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

the whole womb thing - what REALLY disturbed me was the attitude of the doctor - pleased that she was doing it, wondering why more didn't do the same and NIL effort into discussing the later ramifications...

message 39: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Laura wrote: "Geri wrote: "Is anyone up for doing discussion questions for set 3 or 4? I can probably do another set. But I wanted to give everyone a chance to write some too."

If no one else claims that other ..."

Yes, go ahead and put me down for the third set.

message 40: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments ** I am listening to the audiobook. So pardon if I misspelled any names! :) **

DQs Chapter 6-9

5. What did you think about the Lore Master’s combat and conditioning lessons? Would Rin have done as well during trials if she stayed in Jun’s classes?

6. Naja comes from a powerful family and has trained his entire life to become a leader. Rin comes from nothing but has enormous drive and perseverance. Which do you think will make a better leader?

7. Any ideas why Jong asked Rin a question during trials when he has never done this in the past? Do you think Rin’s answer mattered?

8. Do you think Rin made the right decision to pledge Lore and not Strategy?

9. Jong’s teaching style is unconventional to say the least! Would you enjoy taking classes with Jong or would he drive you crazy?

10. Even though Nikan is a fantasy world created by the author, there are many similarities to our world - societal, religious, academics, and political. Can you name one?

message 41: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Cat wrote: "the whole womb thing - what REALLY disturbed me was the attitude of the doctor - pleased that she was doing it, wondering why more didn't do the same and NIL effort into discussing the later ramifi..."

Yes, that disturbed me too! I wonder if the consequences of what she did will be discussed later.

Victoria | 1132 comments Cat wrote: "the whole womb thing - what REALLY disturbed me was the attitude of the doctor - pleased that she was doing it, wondering why more didn't do the same and NIL effort into discussing the later ramifi..."

I thought that too! It was way too hasty, especially on the doctors part. I was also wondering if there would be ramifications later or if the author just didn't want to deal with her having a period or getting pregnant so nixed the possibility right away

Brigia | 105 comments DQs Chapter 6-9

5. What did you think about the Lore Master’s combat and conditioning lessons? Would Rin have done as well during trials if she stayed in Jun’s classes?

I think his teaching style was much better. He seemed to take the whole body into consideration - like with the pig-runs, building up endurance and muscles. Rin's determination wouldn't have let her totally fail Jun's classes, but she was really behind the others. I think she really benefitted from being singled out.

6. Naja comes from a powerful family and has trained his entire life to become a leader. Rin comes from nothing but has enormous drive and perseverance. Which do you think will make a better leader?
Intereresting how you pronounce it - I think you refer to Nezha, whom I have thought of as "Neysha". :-)
I'm not convinced either one will make a good leader so far. They both seem ambitious and self-absorbed and both have a cruel streak. A leader should have more care for others and less of a temper, I'd think.

7. Any ideas why Jong asked Rin a question during trials when he has never done this in the past? Do you think Rin’s answer mattered?
That part was a bit of a mystery to me. Maybe he was making a point by singling her out? He seemed to make the other teachers uncomfortable, at least. (Also, I pronounced Jiang as Jee-ang until now - I'm really benefitting from your questions! :-)

Absolutely. I think she should have trusted Jiang and his methods when they proved so successful. But it was a necessity to study Lore when the whole fire-thing happened.

9. Jong’s teaching style is unconventional to say the least! Would you enjoy taking classes with Jong or would he drive you crazy?
Both, I suspect.

10. Even though Nikan is a fantasy world created by the author, there are many similarities to our world - societal, religious, academics, and political. Can you name one?
It seems to be based on China. Bodhidharma for instance, who is mentioned several times by Jiang, was a Buddhist monk who supposedly founded the Shaolin monastery. Then, there really were The Opium Wars in the 19th century...

message 44: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

@Brigia, totally agree about the mental pronunciation of the names, and learning from the audio readers :)

message 45: by Rick (last edited Sep 04, 2018 12:42PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rick Brose (headrollsoff) Victoria wrote: "Cat wrote: "the whole womb thing - what REALLY disturbed me was the attitude of the doctor - pleased that she was doing it, wondering why more didn't do the same and NIL effort into discussing the ..."

That is an interesting theory. I feel like the author could have just never brought up those things if they did not want to deal with it. Down the road I would not have stopped and thought, "wait, why have they never talked about her period?" It feels a bit more like a way of continuing to show Rin's drive and impulsiveness. And then the question is, how far is she willing to push any aspect of her life to succeed?

message 46: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

No, because of Jun's prejudice and lack of interest in her. I did enjoy the pig!

As it stands, neither, as they have big flaws in character / temperament. Nezha has no empathy & huge biases, Rin has that temper & lack of wider knowledge.

For the book plot? Yes, absolutely. This moved it from a simple school / bullying / overcome problem tale to one with added philosophy & odd humour.

Totally crazy! But what I do like is the shifting focus to making her research & think, rather than just do rote learning.

It is very much China v Japan. And Hesperia being Britain / Holland, I guess.
I am not strong on Chinese culture, so I am enjoying that flavour to it, with the market scene & procession, and the compound of the rich families. And the monastery / martial art as meditation and defense bit too.

I'm putting the book down now, cis otherwise I'll read through to the end & screw up questions!

message 47: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

@Rick / Victoria, having reached the end of chapter 9 (view spoiler) I wondered if the action she took against the natural order might affect her spiritual growth somehow...

message 48: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, & where's the Chekovian gun/man gone to?!
My eyes are peeled for his return at the most unexpected point now....

message 49: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Rick wrote: "Victoria wrote: "Cat wrote: "the whole womb thing - what REALLY disturbed me was the attitude of the doctor - pleased that she was doing it, wondering why more didn't do the same and NIL effort int..."

I think she will push and do whatever it takes to succeed; though I think the shift is now towards her obtaining power and not success ( which might make her a blood thirsty leader. )

message 50: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Geri wrote: "Laura wrote: "Geri wrote: "Is anyone up for doing discussion questions for set 3 or 4? I can probably do another set. But I wanted to give everyone a chance to write some too."

If no one else clai..."

Thanks Geri!

« previous 1