What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance about a girl that tries to clean up the small town but ends up getting caught undressing with the bartender in the attic

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Aug 21, 2018 01:00PM) (new)

Crystal Weigel | 3 comments Hey guys I am looking for a historical romance book that I read several years ago. It was based in the old days when you travel by train or buggy. I remember it was about a small town. The girl comes home from a convent and finds out her mother is running a brothel instead a boarding house like she thought. She throws all the ladies out and cleans up the house. The men of the town get angry and send one at a time to go talk her into bringing the girls back but every single one goes down there angry and leaves happy without even discussing the ladies because she is serving them pie. The bartender of the saloon goes himself but still nothing. Later in the book the girl tries to clean up the town more and get the bar closed down because men should be home talking to their wives. She takes a night to see what the bar is all about and gets too drunk. The girl and the bartender start falling for each other and her mother and mother's friends catch the two love birds in the attic undressing.

that is really all i remember. Please help

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Aug 17, 2018 12:46PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 40688 comments Mod
Crystal, please add some plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for Historical romance.

message 3: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Weigel | 3 comments How do I edit it from the goodreads app?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Crystal wrote: "How do I edit it from the goodreads app?"

Unfortunately, you have to use desktop website to edit the topic header. If this is a problem, just let us know what you'd like to see in the header and a moderator will edit it for you.

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Weigel | 3 comments Kris wrote:Unfortunately, you have to use desktop website to edit the topic header. If this is a problem, just let us know what you'd like to see in ..."

Thank you I hope I added enough of the plot to the title. I have been wanting to re read this book.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40688 comments Mod
Crystal, are you still looking for this or did you find it?