The Story of the Stone (Dream of Red Chamber) readalong #storyofstonealong discussion

General > Introduce yourself :)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meonicorn (The Bookish Land) (meonicorn) | 44 comments Mod
This is a board where we know each other a little more! And I will start with myself:

Hi, I am Meonicorn, I am a booktuber from China, who currently lives in the US. You can know more about me over the BookTube channel The Bookish Land I am the host of this readalong, and I will be reading both English and Chinese version of the book.

Hope we all enjoy our time here!

message 2: by Jill (last edited Aug 27, 2018 02:03PM) (new)

Jill (jillglove) | 12 comments Okay I’m in and I placed my order st Book Depositary. It’s quite the tome, so fingers crossed!

I’m from and live in California and read everything expect for sci-fi and fantasy.

message 3: by Beatrizmallow (new)

Beatrizmallow Hi! I'm Beatriz from Spain. I have a bookstagram account @beatrizmallow. I read a wide variety of books but I don't think I have ever read a Chinese classic before so I'm excited!

message 4: by Icetraveller (new)

Icetraveller L | 3 comments Hallo! I'm Wiggins and live in California. I'm so excited about this readalong :D

message 5: by Sanne (new)

Sanne (sanneennas) Hi! I'm Sanne and I'm from the Netherlands. I read everything under the sun, but my heart is with world literature: it's such a great way to discover new places!

Can't wait to start this readalong with you all! It's such a great way to read some more classic literature.

message 6: by John-Alan (new)

John-Alan | 3 comments Hello all! I'm John-Alan, Dutch but currently living in London. I know basically nothing about Chinese literature, so I'm looking forward to learning more via this readalong.

Alan-Without-Poe | 2 comments Hola, my name is Alan and I'm more mexican than tacos. The only chinese book I'd read is Western Shame Girl by Charles Souli. Currently I'm trying to read my own country, but it's always good to visit new lands. I'm looking forward to begin with the book.

message 8: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Graciolli | 1 comments Hi! I am Carolina, I am brazilian and I live in Buenos Aires. This is my first time reading a Chinese classic and I am really looking forward to it.

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindaleehall) | 4 comments Hi, I'm Linda and I am originally from Michigan in US. I have lived in England for 19 years. Lately, I have read translated literature from many countries along with Mel's Bookland Adventures read around the world book club, but I have never read any Chinese classics. Really looking forward to it.

message 10: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Chen (jcreading) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Jonah, Chinese and living in China. It's kind of fascinating that I got the same plan to read this classic work a few month ago. What a coincidence ! Meanwhile, it's a shame for me not to read this book before as so-called "educated-Chinese".

By the way, I wrote a program (a bot) on my Raspberry Pi to automatically post fragment of this book on China's social media Weibo. (simply search the account @碎片化读经典)

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 9 comments Hi I'm Sandra, from London but recently moved to Scotland. I also have a booktube channel called Pull Down The Moon.

This will be my first read a long and I really can't wait, I don't know anything about Chinese literature so this feels like the perfect way to start.

message 12: by Jep1068 (new)

Jep1068 Hi I'm Jane from NSW, Australia. I am looking forward to joining in this readalong.

message 13: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindaleehall) | 4 comments I am really looking forward to this. I hope the English translation is a go=
od one. I find having English as a first language unfortunate as it almost a=
lways becomes an only language.

Linda

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Klesniks Hi, I’m Jen from England.

message 15: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Cosy Novel Niche (cosynovelniche) | 4 comments Hi ^^ my name is Kristina and I am a Russian girl living in Italy. I know very little about Chinese culture and literature, so I really hope to learn more from this readalong. I am starting to read the book in Italian

Meonicorn (The Bookish Land) (meonicorn) | 44 comments Mod
Kristina wrote: "Hi ^^ my name is Kristina and I am a Russian girl living in Italy. I know very little about Chinese culture and literature, so I really hope to learn more from this readalong. I am starting to read..."

wow it's so nice to know you are reading this in Italian, can you share which copy you are reading to us? I can find some information about the translation and put it on the "info about translation/translator" board. Thank you so much XD and I'm so glad to see you jumping in!!