Blackout (Crossbreed, #5; Mageriverse, #21) Blackout discussion

Let's talk book 5 - spoilers!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy How do you feel about Houdini lifting off the memory charm? Do we ever find out what is the key?

I'm so glad the Patrick story was tied up and he got beheaded! Whoa.

I'm worried for Crush now because hellooo DANGER! and I never read the other series so who the fuck is Lenore?

Any other thoughts you wanna go apeshit or question on?! Would love to discuss!

message 2: by Gina (last edited Aug 17, 2018 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina No idea who Lenore is, but if I had to guess - probably the original intended recipient of that bloody necklace or affiliated with her some way. I can see some people are upset that it didn't end with our protagonists in a good place relationship-wise, but I can't say that I'm surprised. This was definitely a bridging book, where certain plotlines were tied up and Raven and Christian's story was moved forward only slightly; and more in the general direction of moving the whole story forward, so of course, that spelled problems for their own relationship.

Against all odds, they had kind of found their way back to each other at the end of the last book, but Raven's loss of memory was never the only issue. And her longing for her father has been a constant theme throughout all the books. After we found out that Crush actually knew about the breed world, did we really think she wouldn't find a way back to him? Not to mention the Houdini plotline needs to be resolved. Creepy stalker types aren't supposed to just fade happily into the sunset. That dude's middle name is Nefarious and he's still working the different angles.

There are also still quite a few storylines that need to be tied up - Shepherd got a big happy ending but it sounds like he's taking an interest in Keira as well. Nico and his murky past and his obvious love for Jem. The Keystone logistics and how that could affect Christian and Raven's relationship... as our primary investment character-wise is in Christian and Raven, I'm not surprised it ended with them at odds again. We keep coming back because we want to be part of their happy ending, which will happen when the rest of Dannika's dominos fall into place. I'm assuming another book or three :-D

Brittni Lenore was his first love. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure she was killed. This is a huge shock to Christian. Its definitely going to cause a lot of problems with his relationship with Raven.