Team Hooman discussion

The Best We Could Do
This topic is about The Best We Could Do
The Best We Could Do discussion > Spoiler Free - The Best We Could Do

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 16, 2018 11:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rebecca (rebecita) Here is your thread to get hyped about our August/September read! Remember you can get the digital version for FREE through Hoopla! Are you a fan of graphic memoirs (Persepolis, Fun Home) or is this is a new genre for you?

When you finish the book come on over to the completed book thread and weigh in with all the spoilers.

Emily (shroomgirl) | 9 comments I was so excited that I could read it for free! Unfortunately my tiny local library isn't a part of Hoopla (will have to suggest it to them).
I love living on a little island but it does have its downsides sometimes.
Hopefully the local bookstore will have it or can order it in!

Rebecca (rebecita) Oh, sorry to get your hopes up! I hppe they will add it - that seems to be the trend. You might also be able to get a copy via interlibrary loan if you don't want to buy it. (Can you tell I'm a librarian?)

Rebecca (rebecita) How's everyone doing? I finally ripped through this in one sitting yesterday and have been thinking about it all day today! I'll post more in the completed book thread but I wanted to check in here too!

message 5: by Rebecca (last edited Sep 19, 2018 07:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rebecca (rebecita) If you didn't read the book, I've got some spoiler free discussion questions just for you!

1. Asian-American romcom book adaptations are having a MOMENT! Did you watch Crazy Rich Asians or To All the Boys I've Loved Before (netflix) yet? How much did you love them???????

2. I just finished another book about immigration, Tell Me How It Ends: An Essay in Forty Questions. It's short and powerful. Any other recs for our theme of immigration?