Spiritual and Self-Help Books Share Circle discussion

The Christ of India: The Story of Original Christianity
This topic is about The Christ of India
Critique Requested for Book Trailer

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

George Burke (abbotgeorgeburke) | 4 comments I have created a book trailer for the book The Christ of India by Abbot George Burke. I would like opinions from bibliophiles as to how it works. Is it engaging and interesting or not? Does it make the viewer want to know more?

It is a 3:00 minute video, a bit longer than some book trailers, but I wanted to make it interesting in itself, and not just as a teaser. I would greatly value any and all comments, positive or negative.

You can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDuu...

Brother Simeon
Light of the Spirit Press

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Willis (stephenjwillis) | 13 comments Hello, I hope you are well.

I just checked it out, and overall I think it is good. It certainly is intriguing and like you said is a little longer than normal, but it imparts info in its own right and so that doesn't seem out of place.

I think my only critique would be that perhaps the main narrator voice is a little monotonous (not terribly).

Hope that was of help!

George Burke (abbotgeorgeburke) | 4 comments Stephen wrote: "Hello, I hope you are well.

I just checked it out, and overall I think it is good. It certainly is intriguing and like you said is a little longer than normal, but it imparts info in its own righ..."

Thanks, Stephen, this is helpful.

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Hebwood (mark_hebwood) | 6 comments I thought it was good and it held my interest. Still, perhaps some observations:

- I found it too long. I understand your point, but for the video to be informative in itself, it does not really have a narrative. It mainly gives references to accounts that claim that Jesus had lived in India, but does not comment on the veracity of these claims or develop a point unique to the video.
- As a consequence, I came away slightly bored by the end of it. I would have preferred perhaps half the length and would have ended the video with a feeling of incredulity and curiosity to learn more.
- I would echo Stephen in saying that the monologue is delivered in a bit of a monotonous voice.

If you made it into more of a story and also said exactly what your book adds, you'd leave the viewer wanting more.

George Burke (abbotgeorgeburke) | 4 comments Mark Hebwood wrote: "I thought it was good and it held my interest. Still, perhaps some observations:

- I found it too long. I understand your point, but for the video to be informative in itself, it does not really h..."

Hello Mark, this is useful information. Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark Hebwood (mark_hebwood) | 6 comments I am aware, btw, that it is easier to criticise than do... :-) I wish you lots of success for your book.
Kindest,
Mark