What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Regency Romance Where Heroine and Hero Meet at a Stream in the Woods; Heroine Has Sister. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia Lor (new)

Mia Lor | 1 comments I read this in late 2016 or early 2017.

WHAT I REMEMBER:
- There is a specific scene that I loved. The heroine is walking in the woods. She spies a man bathing in a stream on the edge of her family’s estate or their neighbor’s estate. She hides and watches him. It describes her intrigue at seeing the back of a naked man for the first.
- He knows she is there spying on him but she doesn’t realize he knows.
- They get to know each other more as she continues to come to the area.
- Heroine does not know that he is betrothed to her sister. He thinks she is common/daughter of servants because she runs “wild” in the woods.)
- He has quietly purchased this estate because it abuts his betroth’s family estate. His estate has a run down house. He is refurbishing it... I think that is why he was bathing in the stream.
- Heroine visits him at his house.
- Heroine can’t tell anyone about him because of how they met.
- Heroine’s family does not know he purchased the abutting estate. I think he purchased the estate to get to know his betrothed later.
- Heroine’s family is planning for a visit from the sister’s betrothed.
- Finally, they meet at the betrothal dinner.
- Eventually, I think he breaks off the sister and marries the heroine.
- There is witty dialogue along books like “Whitney My Love”.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Mia Lor ~~
You've given some good details.
Was the book newish when you read it?
You can "bump" this thread every 30 days or so. This moves the thread back to the head of the folder instead of languishing back here on page 30. More people will see it, and a solution is more likely. Good luck!

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Mia Lor, are you still looking for this or did you find it?