Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
This topic is about The House of Hades
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > House of Hades [Aug 26, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Link to previous BR: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Thank you, jenna :)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Can't wait!

message 4: by Maria (last edited Aug 26, 2018 02:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Halfway through my current book. Will start this one as soon as I'm done with the current one!

Angela Jr. | 995 comments I started a few days ago already, but am going slow. I'm only around page 60

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments Hello

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments I am also going to start house of hades as soon as my exam gets over

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments You're very welcome to join us, Akash! The more, the merrier :)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments Thnxs for your warm welcome.

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments I started the book and i m on ch 12.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments I just finished chapter 25. I've been reading only a few pages at a time inbetween some other reads, which is working out well so far. The previous books in the series couldn't really keep my attention and I grew bored pretty quickly, but this method is keeping my interest in the story rather high!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Yes. This one has some good action going on. I am through chapter 20. Surprisingly enjoyed Frank's perspective! (He annoyed me a bit in Son of Neptune) I sympathize with him more now. He's just a big boy with a soft heart. I understand why he alone had to do this (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments This book has been keepinh my attention better than Mark of Athena, which I liked less than the first two books

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Also, I'm sorry for Frank being (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Through 32. (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments I am so proud of Hazel for (view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Maria wrote: "Also, I'm sorry for Frank being [spoilers removed]"

Yes, (view spoiler)

message 18: by Angela Jr. (last edited Aug 31, 2018 12:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Maria wrote: "Through 32..."

(view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Oh. Well I've read the Percy Jackson series so this felt more mature to me...but I get what you mean. The tone of the book gives a young-ish vibe and I understand how Leo's humour might not appeal to everybody

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments Hello friends. Acoording to you all hades was boring. Yeah it is right but after completing 50 % of book it becomes more compelling.

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments And by the way I completed House of Hades and I am going to start blood of olympus.

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments [I want to know how leo will free calypso from the prison Island as he had promised on river stynx.]
It will be very fun for me reading blood of olympus

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Maria wrote: "Oh. Well I've read the Percy Jackson series so this felt more mature to me...but I get what you mean. The tone of the book gives a young-ish vibe and I understand how Leo's humour might not appeal ..."

I've read percy jackson too and enjoyed it a lot :) in heroes of olympus i do enjoy most of the perspectives, i just don't like piper and leo all that much for some reason 🤔
I'm at chapter 33:
(view spoiler)

@aakash
Just reminding you to please hide spoilers.

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments Sorry I was just excited

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Aakash wrote: "Hello friends. Acoording to you all hades was boring. Yeah it is right but after completing 50 % of book it becomes more compelling."

Oh, no, I loved House of Hades. Mark of Athena had been a bit boring for me. I finished this yesterday. So excited to share my thoughts! What en epic ending!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments There is a lot to share. I'll gather my thoughts and share them soon!

Angela Jr. | 995 comments I'll probably still take another week to finish, since I'm taking it slow :)

message 28: by Maria (last edited Sep 02, 2018 12:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Chapter 29-31. (view spoiler)

Chapter 36 (view spoiler)

Chapter 39 (view spoiler)

Chapter 41-2
I kind of like Piper for being a bit smart. See, (view spoiler)

Chapter 58 (view spoiler)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments Anyone would like to start kane chronicles after this series

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments I would have loved to start Kane Chronicles, the excerpt I had read was interesting enough, b1ut maybe not right now. Have some other book series I really need to catch up to first.

Ending. (view spoiler)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments Maria did you started blood of olympus ?

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Not yet. Don't have it right now, unfortunately :/

Angela Jr. | 995 comments I'd like to buddy read the blood of olympus too, so if you'd be up for waiting until i finish this one, that would be great :)
I'm currently at chapter 62!
(view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "I'd like to buddy read the blood of olympus too, so if you'd be up for waiting until i finish this one, that would be great :)
I'm currently at chapter 62!
i agree about the aurai, that must have b..."

Yeah, and (view spoiler)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments It is irony that hades remain loyal to the pact😂

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments Plz inform me whenever you start blood of olympus, I would love to read it again

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Aakash wrote: "Plz inform me whenever you start blood of olympus, I would love to read it again"

Sure, I'd love that!

Aakash wrote: "It is irony that hades remain loyal to the pact😂"

Yeah. Hades is cool like that 😅

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments I think the line i told about hades was same told by artemis in titan's curse.

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 444 comments I bet you would like Hades more after reading blood of olympus. In that Hades do something good.

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Ooh. Cool

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Maria wrote: "I would have loved to start Kane Chronicles, the excerpt I had read was interesting enough, b1ut maybe not right now. Have some other book series I really need to catch up to first.

Ending. The ..."

Yes, i agree about the battle. (view spoiler)
Do you want to start the blood of olympus at the end of the month or wait a bit longer?