This Is Where It Ends This Is Where It Ends discussion

Gun Control doesn't work or solve the issue

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devon (new)

Devon Gun control doesn't work. Look at Chicago or London. Gun crime did go down slightly in London but knife crime took over. This just proves that the weapon isn't the problem. The person is. We need to focus on WHY the person started shooting and not the weapon if we are going to have a meaningful conversation.

message 2: by Eleanor Jaynes (new)

Eleanor Jaynes It’s very difficult to do a mass killing with a knife

message 3: by Devon (new)

Devon Eleanor Jaynes wrote: "It’s very difficult to do a mass killing with a knife"
Still doesn't change the point that it's the person holding the weapon and not the weapon itself. It's our right to be armed. There is nothing more dangerous that a gun free zone. Most mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Many that don't happen in gun free zones don't become mass shootings because they are stopped by law-abiding citizens with guns. Why punch the millions of legal, law-abiding gun owners for the actions of the mentally ill and criminals? 99.9% of criminals don't get their guns from store (legally). They get them illegally.

message 4: by Jago (new) - rated it 1 star

Jago Eleanor Jaynes wrote: "It’s very difficult to do a mass killing with a knife"
"Mass killings" are a meme. They account for a tiny fraction of the overall homicide rate in the US. Most gun murders are committed with handguns by people in the ghetto.

Aaliyah Fentress the only way to stop school shootings is to stop bullying and abusing kids.

message 6: by Devon (new)

Devon Aaliyah wrote: "the only way to stop school shootings is to stop bullying and abusing kids."

Exactly. While this is easier said than done, part of it's on the schools. The do absolutely nothing or punish the bullied instead of or along with the bully when it's reported. They all claim to be against bullying and say to report it if you see it but then don't do a damn thing.

Laura Devon wrote: "Aaliyah wrote: "the only way to stop school shootings is to stop bullying and abusing kids."

Exactly. While this is easier said than done, part of it's on the schools. The do absolutely nothing or..."

To be fair, schools hands are tied. There are many restrictions placed on schools as far as punishment goes. Many do not have the ability to expel for bullying and in many instances if bullying happens off of campus it is out of their hands. Kids are smart enough to get around the system. They do things in ways they know they can not be punished for.

I work for a school and I know that some schools truly do try to prevent bullying. I have training every year on how to recognize and report bullying as a teacher. I am not so naive as to believe all schools are like this though. I know that there are some schools that do a terrible job of dealing with bullying.

message 8: by Devon (new)

Devon Laura wrote: "Devon wrote: "Aaliyah wrote: "the only way to stop school shootings is to stop bullying and abusing kids."

Exactly. While this is easier said than done, part of it's on the schools. The do absolut..."

I went to a school that did nothing for bullying. My proof: the kids that were the bullies befriended the teachers and staff. They were the "sweethearts that would never hurt a fly". Absolute BS. I had some friends that were bullied by these people and when I told the teachers, they couldn't believe that so and so would ever do such a thing. In middle school there was a big group of girls who would constantly fight at the end of our lunch table. One day one of the lunch lady's said that if there were any more problems my tiny group of 6 would have to move and not the 15 girls at the end. I told the lunch lady that that wouldn't be happening and my parents said they would fight the school on the BS. I was so sick of the BS. Glad I switched to online public school halfway through freshman year of high school.

Bailey I didn't fail my math test.... my pencil did!
Its the person, not the tool.