Stephen King Book Club discussion

Book Suggestions > September Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Barnes | 23 comments Mod
So its that time again - time to suggest which Stephen King book you want to read in the month of September.

Suggestions can be made up until the 20th August, the poll will then be created from these suggestions and voting will go live on the same day!

My suggestion for September is Carrie

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 2 comments If the suggestions as still up, Carrie or the shining

message 3: by Debi (new)

Debi Luke (Sunshinedll) | 4 comments SHINING!!!!!

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindys_bookshelf) Not sure if anythings been chosen yet but how about Dead Zone?

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments I'm sorry I fell off the planet for a bit. I wanted to read Pet Cemetery, yet, having lost two cats in one year, it's just too hard for me to think of pets and death.

I just started listening to the audio book for the Dead Zone and it's interesting so far. I vote for the Shining or the Dead Zone. If we do read the Shining, I recommend Doctor Sleep soon.

I'm almost finished with Castle Rock on Hulu here in the States and it's just pulled the rug from under me in such an awesome way. I love the way Stephen King has you solidly believing in a character, or in this instance all the characters, are driven by what you consider is real so much so you believe it. Then, he flips everything on its ear. I love having my expectations changed mid-narrative regarding a character.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindys_bookshelf) Just wondering if a book has been chosen yet for September?